BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mini Buggy General Discussion (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Carter 1150 XTV Spindle (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5960)

Brddog 09-29-2016 02:28 PM

Carter 1150 XTV Spindle

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and new to the world of mini buggies and go karts. I have an old Carter 1150 XTV that is a ton of fun for my young boys to drive. The motor runs strong and overall it is in good shape; however the driver side spindle is slightly bent. I have not been able to find this exact part on the web nor have I seen any replacement solution. Any ideas?

OLDKID 09-29-2016 03:11 PM

Where is the nut for the lower ball joint ?

OLDKID 09-29-2016 03:14 PM

Or are you referring to the upper control arm ? Welcome to the Site .

Brddog 09-29-2016 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLDKID (Post 51146)
Where is the nut for the lower ball joint ?

I took the nut off just before I took that picture to add a washer. I just hadn't put it back on when I took the picture.

OLDKID 09-29-2016 03:29 PM

Carter burned down awhile back . I know of wwwcarterbrothersparts.com . If your referring to those bends on the upper control arm , would be easy to straighten out , torches , vise , press , tube bender , etc. Most body shop guys could do that with ease . Confused , you said spindle , that's the black piece 10/4 . :cheers:

Brddog 09-29-2016 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLDKID (Post 51149)
Carter burned down awhile back . I know of wwwcarterbrothersparts.com . If your referring to those bends on the upper control arm , would be easy to straighten out , torches , vise , press , tube bender , etc. Most body shop guys could do that with ease . Confused , you said spindle , that's the black piece 10/4 . :cheers:

Thank you for the responses. Yes, I am referring to the Spindle (black piece) but the piece the tire/wheel slides onto (spindle axle). I could probably remove the spindle and have it straitened in same manner as you recommended above for the control arm (which actually isn't bent but made that way).

OLDKID 09-29-2016 03:45 PM

Sorry , OK , Now I understand . If it was mine I wouldn't do the heat and beat to the stub axle -- chance of weakening it / disastrous results . Wouldn't be much to slice off , mark center , drill , insert new hardened bolt in thru back and weld up . Folks do it all the time , wheel conversions , reinforcement custom spindle builds etc. :cheers:

Brddog 09-29-2016 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLDKID (Post 51151)
Sorry , OK , Now I understand . If it was mine I wouldn't do the heat and beat to the stub axle -- chance of weakening it / disastrous results . Wouldn't be much to slice off , mark center , drill , insert new hardened bolt in thru back and weld up . Folks do it all the time , wheel conversions , reinforcement custom spindle builds etc. :cheers:

Excellent idea! Thanks for the input.

OLDKID 09-29-2016 04:12 PM

If you still want to pursue a replacement , notice on the front page of this site lower left SYC Powersports ( Tom - user name SYCARMS ) , a wealth of information , AND a SUPPORTING VENDOR here , and also GO POWER SPORTS , also supporting sponsor . If to no avail call , not parts search BUGGY DEPOT , and BMI karts , as they stock many manufacturers parts and spindle may cross reference to another brand .