BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   250cc and Above Engine Tech (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Mikuni 33mm pumper carb hook up (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2789)

robertnoble 03-07-2012 11:27 PM

Mikuni 33mm pumper carb hook up

Hi, I received my new carb today for my motor build up, and I am totally lost. Im new to this, I am a hot rod guy, but could someone help me with the line hook ups. What are the two pink tubes, one on each side, and the small black tube on top, and the brass fitting on the bottom which I assume is the fuel in. Could someone help me verbally or post some pics please. Thanks Robert

spudmuffin 03-07-2012 11:40 PM

you should post up some pics of the carb, it might make it easier

robertnoble 03-07-2012 11:50 PM

Carb Picture...

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is. I assume the brass fitting is fuel in but the two pink one and the small black one just dont no what they are for. Thanks Robert

spudmuffin 03-08-2012 12:00 AM

If its a tm33, the pink are vent tubes, the brass is fuel inlet, and the black, I cant tell where it comes from, maybe a side shot? Do youy meen the small black on the bottom? thats an overflow. dont know about the big one from the top tho.

robertnoble 03-08-2012 12:02 AM

Black tube

The little black tube is coming right out of the bottom of the Float bowl...It is a 33..

spudmuffin 03-08-2012 12:16 AM

www.mikuni.com/pdf/tm33.pdf this shows a tear down and parst listing of that carb, the link might not work, you might have to type it in manualy, my computer skills are preatty poor. I just typed in mikuni 33 pumper carb, and this was the first thing that came up:dunno:
Just looked at that again and its a drain tube for the bowl. the bigg black one on top is the throttle/idle adjustment.

robertnoble 03-08-2012 12:21 AM

Thank You

It says it is an overflow tube. Makes sense. Thanks for your help...Robert

spudmuffin 03-08-2012 12:25 AM

:biggthumpup:

spudmuffin 03-08-2012 12:28 AM

Did you decide on an engine that your gonna use for your fancy buggy yet?

robertnoble 03-08-2012 09:35 AM

Motor

Yea, Im going to use my duromax 16hp 420cc with the trail boss f.n.r. tranny. I am beefing the motor up by another 14 hp. I just got the new 306.t.q. cam, lifters, pushrods, valve springs and mikuni carb from NR Racing yesterday. I bought a new billet rod, crank, and adjustable timing billet flywheel from A.R.C. racing. I am bumping the compression up a little bit by milling the head. It should run pretty strong. The cam is good from 600rpm to 6500rpm and with the bottom end being all billet should be light and super strong..

metalstudman1 03-08-2012 11:50 AM

Sorry but I figured I'd include all the questions about your carb together-The black tube on the top of the carb is probably your manifold vacuum for the slide to function.- and the pink ones are definetly vents, the bottom small black tube is your bowl drain tube & the brass fitting is your fuel inlet. Can't wait to hear this motor!!!!