BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mini Buggy General Discussion (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I can't seem to get insurance (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6537)

Carova Beach Buggy 06-05-2019 04:18 PM

I can't seem to get insurance

State Farm dropped me! Called Geico and they won't insure it either.

What insurance company do you use? I have a Crossfire 150R.

I tried telling Geico it is a 4-wheeler and they wanted pictures. Sent them several pics and they denied me. All I need is liability so I can get a off road permit. I'm in Virginia.

Anyone have any ideas how to insure this thing?

Tom

liduno 06-05-2019 04:22 PM

Maybe try it as a utv? Mention a Polaris Ranger?

Carova Beach Buggy 06-05-2019 08:54 PM

I'll try that. Problem is they want a VIN and pictures. I'm at a loss as to how to insure this buggy.

liduno 06-06-2019 07:48 AM

I didn't mean to say you should tell them it's a Polaris Ranger, I meant you could mention it as an example of something similar that they do insure.

SYCARMS 06-06-2019 11:29 AM

Don't get why they won't insure you since it is just liability you are looking for. Collision would require a vin# to determine worth.

Carova Beach Buggy 06-06-2019 08:34 PM

I don't get it either. Going to try a bunch of others tomorrow.

Carova Beach Buggy 06-10-2019 08:55 PM

Geico came through

Geico came through. It seems they have a off road division. $75.00 for a year of liability.

neo71665 06-11-2019 05:25 AM

Boy I'm glad I aint gotta worry about that mess.

SYCARMS 06-11-2019 08:00 AM

Even though it is not mandatory in your state it is always a good thing to have if you were ever to have an accident on the trail of in your neighborhood and get sued. This happens more than you think.

Carova Beach Buggy 06-11-2019 08:55 PM

I agree. I'm a firm believer in insurance.

Carova Beach Buggy 06-11-2019 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neo71665 (Post 56150)
Boy I'm glad I aint gotta worry about that mess.

If you ever do Geigo, is much cheaper than State Farm. Last year I had a 6 month policy and it was $60.

neo71665 06-14-2019 02:30 AM

Well since I very very rarely leave my property I highly doubt I'll ever sue myself. Even if I ever do I doubt any crooked insurance is gonna pay them self and I'll still end up owing more than I would be loosing paying them a monthly fee to ride around.

SYCARMS 06-14-2019 07:46 AM

Most people I'll say 90% do not realize that if riding on any public land or road on your ATV, bike or side by side and are involved in an accident weather your fault or not and do not have at least liability you will be charged with driving without insurance which will require you to file an SR22 which besides the fines imposed by the courts quadruple your auto insurance for at least 5 years and in some States you will also loose your drivers license for a period of time. All it takes is one accident where someone gets hurt and claims you are at fault. Lot of a$$ holes out there. And if a child without a drivers license the parent will be held responsible.

neo71665 06-14-2019 08:18 AM

Here in arkansas public land with atv trails is rare. I can only name one spot and it's 3 hours away from me. I have 90 acres and dang sure aint loading up to drive 6 hours just to ride. As for riding on the road it's illegal. The cops do overlook it for the most part out here in the country unless your being an ass and somebody complains. If you get in a wreck you are to blame automatically since your not supposed to be on the road, insurance has no effect. With or without insurance the fines are the same and the insurance isn't gonna cover illegal activities. They will look for every and any loophole they can to not pay. About the only people that have insurance are the people making payments. As soon as they pay it off most everybody drops the insurance. Every place is different so go with what agrees with the area you are in. If you can legally ride on the road or ride on public lands yeah you need insurance.

Again I'm glad I don't have to worry about that mess.

SYCARMS 06-14-2019 09:14 AM

We are allowed to rise our county roads as long as you have a valid drivers license and have liability. ATV's must wear helmet and S/S's must have seat belts. All our parks are closed to riding except to get to a fishing hole or for hunting. I unfortunately have to drive 2-4 hours to ride trails. In my case I'd rather be safe than sorry. Damn politicians and lawyers will screw up a 1 car funeral.