BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Jetting and begging XRS 150 (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6547)

mb1134 07-27-2019 08:03 PM

Jetting and begging XRS 150

Havent been on here in years due to some stuff, but finally threw a new engine in my TM XRS150. Finally got it cranked but seem to be having idling issues after I run it for a bit and idles high. If I stomp the gas it bogs down while driving. I'm curious what jets I should be running with a ported polished shaved syc big valve head, hammerhead exhaust and r2c filter. I'm at 778' above sea level. Near the Chattanooga area. Like to get it up and running so I can sell both the 150 and hammerhead 250.

SYCARMS 07-31-2019 11:36 AM

How does the plug look?

mb1134 07-31-2019 12:55 PM

The plug is black, but only because its old. I cant get a wot run to check the plug. But curious what you would recommend jetting at with my setup. You usually are pretty spot on when it comes to jet recommendations. I'm looking for a good starting point. 130 main and 38 pilot aren't cutting it.

SYCARMS 07-31-2019 01:21 PM

Make sure your choke is closing off. Make sure you have power to it. Aren't you using the same cam,head and exhaust? If so it should not change that much to effect performance.

mb1134 07-31-2019 01:35 PM

I have the manual choke, so I dont believe that is the issue. Yeah, Im still using the same stuff just transplanted in a new engine. Im guessing by lowering the jet to the 130 and it bogging down completely without even getting to half throttle this time, that would indicate not enough fuel?

EVILWS6 07-31-2019 07:21 PM

You could also have a vacuum leak causing this issue.

mb1134 08-01-2019 07:38 AM

Well I tried different jets with the same outcome, so I don't believe its a jet issue. Sprayed around the intake with no issues of leaks. Took the top off to look at the camshaft and it seems to be lined up properly. Need to find my feeler gauge and check valve clearance. Could that be the issue? If the camshaft was off 1 tooth could that cause this problem?
One other thing, I originally installed an 11pole stator, rectifier, and the add on harness, but switched back to the stock stuff when I couldn't get it started. I believe one of the wires on one of the plugs had to be moved when doing that upgrade. Maybe Tom knows which one I am referring to. I cant recall if it is on the 11 pole harness or the factory harness, maybe this could be the culprit?

SYCARMS 08-01-2019 12:07 PM

One tooth off could negatively effect performance depending if it is retarded but it will not do what you described. It would have to be way off or if valve adjustment is holding valves open.

mb1134 08-07-2019 07:40 AM

Another thing I have noticed through all of this. Is once the engine gets warmer the bogging happens much quicker. It also seems to stall out when idling the warmer it gets.

SYCARMS 08-07-2019 11:30 AM

Is the choke working?