BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mini Buggy General Discussion (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   A little help from my friends (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5338)

bear 04-05-2015 07:14 PM

A little help from my friends

Ok fella's, it's the old man back again, I'm sure a lot of you thought I had fell of the face of the earth! In truth I've been working my -ss off at this new position(approximately 800miles a week) teaching the "Union Way" to all of our Dist#6 apprentices! so here's the deal, I purchased another Dazon150 single awhile back, and have stripped it down to bare frame. I've sandblasted and primed and painted the frame and am prepared to start putting those parts back together. I now need to turn my attention to the powerplant,and am open to some advice as to what I should do with it! Now I don't want to go as far as boring the casings or anything like that, but I would like to make one Ornery hill climbing little 150 single out of this thing, so If you gentleman will please throw all the suggestions at me you can!!!
Thanks in advance,
Bear

xlint89 04-05-2015 08:13 PM

58.5mm big bore kit (bolt on)

Ported 2 or 4 valve head

Good cam for a 2 valve (4 valves come with their own cam usually)

I like my 28mm Mikuni flat slide carb

TK exhaust

tkeagle 04-06-2015 09:27 AM

I have pretty much as xlint suggested. But have 26mm minki slide carb. 10 g sliders. 1500 large spring. (Yellow). Stock small springs and clutch. 32 tooth axle sprocket. 16 tooth on the reverse box. (Not sure if u have room to Change sprocket, or need to. And 22 inch rear tires. Does very well in any climbing I have. And there is some steep hills. With 10 g sliders, I don't have any issues with clutch slipping that I know of. And top speed still over 35 mph. But might be a little to low gear for some ppl taste.

jmansracerocket 04-06-2015 05:55 PM

Any pics of the painting process bear? What color did you go with and what products ?

GX150 04-07-2015 02:28 PM

13/40 final transmission gears with 13/39 sprockets gave me ratios that let my Yerf crawl up anything the tires could hold. Dr. Pulley 12g sliders in a Koso 115mm variator with red main clutch pulley spring was all that the CVT needed.

My engine was not bored or stroked and did not run a decked or ported head, but it did have a low restriction exhaust with 1" header pipe and a redneck UNI fresh air intake tract.

22" tires on all four corners allowed me to roll over obstacles instead of getting hung up on them. Front: 22x8-10 tires on 8x10 3+5 rims, Rear: 22x11-8 tires on 10x8 4+6 rims

Ignition was boosted with a Iridium spark plug, Orange coil and MRP adjustable yellow CDI. I didn't notice a difference from stock ignition unless I was winding out the engine.