BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Go Kart General Discussion (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Yamabuggy Help!!! (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6190)

Mewoods 07-07-2017 05:48 PM

Yamabuggy Help!!!

1 Attachment(s)
I just rebuilt the engine on my 2007 Yamabuggy 250. For those of you familiar with these buggys, parts are almost impossible to find. Well.. I have every thing I need to put it back together except for the rubber damper that goes between the drive shaft and the rear end. Where the engine and rear end couple together. Not sure what the exact name of the part is. The picture I am posting is the engine side. Any help on finding this part would be greatly appreciated.

Mewoods 07-07-2017 06:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a diagram of the part, #24, but the company is out of business.

liduno 07-08-2017 06:16 AM

On a sport bike it's called a cush drive. It's just a rubber dampner, it helps soften the blow between the engine and driveline.

If no one makes it you may have to make it, or convert to a recent cush drive from something else.

Keep in mind, if you make your own, it dampens on acceleration and deceleration.

GX150 07-08-2017 11:02 PM

Roketa, BMS and SunL sold the same buggy for a while. You might want to try some these sources for the parts. The engine parts can be sourced from Yamaha, but the transmission link is unique.

BuggyMaster 07-10-2017 03:41 PM

Also...believe it or not a lot of that buggy was cloned from a Yamaha big bear 350/400. You migh poke around on the micro fish for Yamaha atv's like early 2000's

JERSEYDEVIL 07-10-2017 10:18 PM

:evil:
i had a customer w/ one of these so i know your pain.
try bms, i dont no if the sandsniper 400 is the same setup i just know it's a semi auto 4 speed 400.
Buggymaster is right about the big bear clone but i dont thing it has the rubber in the drive shaft.
HammerHead sold the exact same buggy for a tear called the Tiburon. you might try them

OLDKID 07-11-2017 08:13 AM

Try WWW.CMPMOTORPARTS.COM , WWW.BMSMOTORPARTS.COM same place . Go kart / Dune buggy parts . Power Kart 400 . They have both metal halves and I believe maybe the rubber bushing . Driveshaft bushing SKU # G 10237 , $45 . :cheers:

OLDKID 07-11-2017 08:17 AM

Just went back and looked at the diagram you posted , the picture of the part at CMP sure looks like it . If it is I'd buy two or three ... :drive:

Mewoods 07-11-2017 06:27 PM

OLDKID... You are awesome!!! That is it!! Thank you so much for finding that part.

OLDKID 07-11-2017 07:53 PM

Not Me ! I just got too much time on my hands . The internet is awesome though . I was going Nutz bout a year ago trying to buy the proper reverse cable for my BMS KING COBRA 150 . After getting a couple wrong ones from suppliers saying they had mine I posted the situation on here and one of the Good Members turned me on to CMP / BMS . CMP won't come up in a typical Search . That's how it is on this site . If someone can offer assistance They Always Do !
Great bunch of folks ! Actually you opened my eyes a bit ... I passed on two Buggy's similar , but was Leary for the same fact , These China Buggy's Are Notorious for bad , rotted Rubber Parts . Seeing what's available as replacement I'll probably scoop up the next one that comes my way .
Good Luck , Happy Trails Brother ! :cheers:

scjeep4.7HO 07-19-2017 12:29 PM

use on of the new ones, make a mold and use it to make poly/urethane ones.

gds43 03-13-2021 04:00 PM

Look for a love joy coupler. I have a 400 yamabuggy. Ground a love joy AL-1.50 I had to modify but so far works fine. And it cost around 16 bucks