BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other tech issues (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Brake Pedal (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2217)

SFORCES 10-02-2011 04:00 PM

Brake Pedal

I have a Manco 606B-7 magnum express 2 seater that i put a powermax 16HP and a Polaris Tranny on and i took the cable off the brake to put the new one on and the spring came off the Bolt and i'm having a heck of a time getting it back on. anyone know how to get this thing back on.

SFORCES 10-03-2011 09:17 PM

SO no one has any idea's?

metalstudman1 10-04-2011 08:38 AM

Can you post a pic? I'd try to help but don't know what we're working with!

SFORCES 10-04-2011 07:07 PM

Sure i can do that.

SFORCES 10-04-2011 09:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
ok here is a pic of the gas pedal with the spring still on it and a pic of the brake pedal with the spring off. the spring is suppose to go into were the nut is but i just can't seem to get it back in there. Must need some special tool or some thing :)

metalstudman1 10-04-2011 10:10 PM

You've probably already tried this but what I see is that the nut that the pedal rotates on (lower) has to be first installed, then slide the spring on the nut and over the front support. With a phillips screwdriver small enough to fit thru the upper hole come from the outside of the frame with your cable on the screwdriver, angle the tip of the screwdriver enough to grab the spring. Now try and put the bolt thru the spring pushing the screwdriver out as you go. Best of luck!

SFORCES 10-05-2011 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metalstudman1 (Post 16835)
You've probably already tried this but what I see is that the nut that the pedal rotates on (lower) has to be first installed, then slide the spring on the nut and over the front support. With a phillips screwdriver small enough to fit thru the upper hole come from the outside of the frame with your cable on the screwdriver, angle the tip of the screwdriver enough to grab the spring. Now try and put the bolt thru the spring pushing the screwdriver out as you go. Best of luck!

Nope didn't think of that. will give that a shot thanx..

joshstep1 10-05-2011 03:04 PM

My goodness! You put a 16hp in it?!

SFORCES 10-05-2011 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshstep1 (Post 16843)
My goodness! You put a 16hp in it?!

Yep sure did :0)

SFORCES 10-05-2011 10:20 PM

Still trying to get that dang thing back on.

SFORCES 10-07-2011 09:21 PM

look's like the spring on the gas is a liitle longer then the one for the brake. maybe i need to get a new spring might be worn out. just can't get the bolt through seem's the spring isn't long enough.

metalstudman1 10-07-2011 10:00 PM

Is the bolt head smaller than the nut?sounds like the spring needs to coil tighter than the diameter of the nut-make sense? try putting the bolt in from the cockpit side, but just enough for the spring to coil around the bolt not the hex head portion-????

SFORCES 10-08-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metalstudman1 (Post 16881)
Is the bolt head smaller than the nut?sounds like the spring needs to coil tighter than the diameter of the nut-make sense? try putting the bolt in from the cockpit side, but just enough for the spring to coil around the bolt not the hex head portion-????

I can get the Spring on the bold and nut. it's just when i try to get the above bold and nut on the middle whole on the brake padal were the cable connect's is about half an inch to high.

metalstudman1 10-08-2011 06:42 PM

Sorry you're having so much trouble with something so small but very important.I run into these type of obsticales all the time!!!Usually I get out a bigger hammer!!!!!Can't wait to see some video of it in action

SFORCES 10-08-2011 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metalstudman1 (Post 16890)
Sorry you're having so much trouble with something so small but very important.I run into these type of obsticales all the time!!!Usually I get out a bigger hammer!!!!!Can't wait to see some video of it in action

n/p maybe i need to do that :) I'll figure something out. thanx for all the help though..