BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Electrical Tech (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   brake light crossfire 150R (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4522)

zman007007 09-29-2013 06:40 PM

brake light crossfire 150R

Has anyone put a brake light on a crossfire 150R? I don't see any type of electrical switch on the master cylinder. The wiring diagram I have doesn't show any brake light wire either.

Masteryota 09-29-2013 06:50 PM

I see a lot of people replacing the banjo bolt on the caliper with one of these and adding a light like this to that circuit. Seems the easiest way to add a brake light. You would need to double check the thread size, but you get the idea.

zman007007 09-30-2013 06:00 PM

I already have the brake light. That looks like something that would work, but I hate having to wait for it to come from China. what does the other carts that have brake lights use and would one of those be available.

Masteryota 09-30-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zman007007 (Post 36268)
I already have the brake light. That looks like something that would work, but I hate having to wait for it to come from China. what does the other carts that have brake lights use and would one of those be available.

There are more local items on there, just a bit higher in price. Different thread pitches are also available. I looked a Kinroad diagram, and it showed a switch at the master cylinder, likely similar to what I linked. You could also put the above type switch on the master as well. Just my $0.02

zman007007 09-30-2013 07:26 PM

thanks Master, I just bought one of the spring type switches. I believe I can make it work.

Tionestajeeper 09-30-2013 07:36 PM

Zman does your master cylinder have a leed for the original brake lite? Mine had one and the terminal was corroded and I replaced it with a led third tail lite from a escalade I had laying around and worked fine.

ckau 09-30-2013 07:45 PM

Most buggys that come factory with brake lights use a duel piston/ duel port master cylinders. Two ports off one piston are used for the front brakes only one port off the other piston is used for a rear brake. the spare port has a pressure switch for the brake light. If you have front brakes and a rear brake chances are you have an extra port on the rear brake side to install a switch. you'll have to remove the plug to confirm thread size. I'm thinking 8x1.25 but I could be wrong. Remember you'll have to bleed the brakes once that plug is removed. Any dealer can supply the switch. If you don't have a spare port on the master get one of these,http://www.ebay.com/itm/WPS-Universa...96acb3&vxp=mtr
The master cylinder switch is a ground unit. the body of the switch gets chassis ground by screwing it into the master. When pressure activated sends ground to the tail light, one wire needed for connection at tail light. The universal is just a momentary switch . It has to have ground supplied then sends ground to the taillight when the spring is pulled.(2 wires) This switch can be connected to the pedal or any part of the linkage and doesn't require a brake bleed after installed.

zman007007 09-30-2013 07:50 PM

I have looked twice and I dont see any extra ports on it. and none plugged either. just blank places like you could drill and tap, but I ain't going to that trouble.

zman007007 09-30-2013 07:51 PM

I figured the pull switch type would be the simplist

zman007007 09-30-2013 07:54 PM

I looked at the one you are talking about ckau but I think the spring type woud be the easiest. I am talking about the ones that have the round barrel type end on it. I can make a little bracket to mount it in .

x-bird 09-30-2013 07:57 PM

i'd have to take a pic, but i mounted a vending machine coin mech microswitch by the pivot bellcrank on my brake setup. had to bend the trigger wire around a bit to ge t it dialed in, but it works well enough.

Masteryota 09-30-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x-bird (Post 36277)
i'd have to take a pic, but i mounted a vending machine coin mech microswitch by the pivot bellcrank on my brake setup. had to bend the trigger wire around a bit to ge t it dialed in, but it works well enough.

Boy, you just have access to all sorts of goodies don't you?:biglaugh:

zman007007 10-01-2013 07:31 PM

I bought the spring type one.