BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mini Buggy General Discussion (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Granddaughter and I are bringing a Yerf Dog Sb back to life. (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6076)

Danial 02-11-2017 12:23 AM

Granddaughter and I are bringing a Yerf Dog Sb back to life.

1 Attachment(s)
Lots of fun threads here of folks restoring their Spider Box Yerf Dogs and breathing new life into them. I found a runner on CL a few weeks ago and my granddaughter insisted on helping buy it. She threw in $50 and I footed the balance of $150.

To date, we have replaced the carb and intake, rack and pinion boots, foam pads, etc. Even added some LED lighting and touch up paint..

New spindles will be here in a few days.

We live just a few blocks from the desert in Henderson, Nevada. Looking forward to going out and having some fun on those dirt roads all over out there.

OLDKID 02-11-2017 05:44 AM

Definitely Good Stuff . Welcome to the site . :cheers:

jmansracerocket 02-11-2017 02:10 PM

that's awesome, I don't know what it is, but I miss my spiderbox in a way, and it seems to be the most popular in restoring.

bear 02-11-2017 06:41 PM

Oh, it's just the beginning!!! I tell you, I asked my 21 year old college daughter, what she wanted to do for vacation this year? I suggested the beach, something "historical", etc, she said she would really like to "go raise h-ll" on the trails, and camp out for a week! (she's had a buggy since she was 11). I must be doing something right!!!

jmansracerocket 02-11-2017 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bear (Post 52134)
Oh, it's just the beginning!!! I tell you, I asked my 21 year old college daughter, what she wanted to do for vacation this year? I suggested the beach, something "historical", etc, she said she would really like to "go raise h-ll" on the trails, and camp out for a week! (she's had a buggy since she was 11). I must be doing something right!!!

hahhaha u raised her good.

tkeagle 02-12-2017 08:56 AM

they pretty addictive to work on. You'll always find something you want to improve. make it look cooler, run faster, or ride better. ;) or the nagging since to do something with it, that no one has done before. :banghead:

but its results that are seen in the end. so pretty satisfying.

Danial 02-12-2017 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLDKID (Post 52132)
Definitely Good Stuff . Welcome to the site . :cheers:

Thank you!

Danial 02-12-2017 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmansracerocket (Post 52133)
that's awesome, I don't know what it is, but I miss my spiderbox in a way, and it seems to be the most popular in restoring.

I've restored a few cars and got sticker shock at the prices of parts but the parts for this Yerf Dog are very reasonable. Makes it easy to restore.

Danial 02-12-2017 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bear (Post 52134)

haha Yep, doing something right for sure. WTG!

Danial 02-12-2017 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkeagle (Post 52143)
they pretty addictive to work on. You'll always find something you want to improve. make it look cooler, run faster, or ride better. ;) or the nagging since to do something with it, that no one has done before. :banghead:

but its results that are seen in the end. so pretty satisfying.

My son-in-law who is a professional mechanic asked why I was putting the money into this little buggy. I said, "Because I can and it's cheap." He replied, "I get that." hahaha