BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other tech issues (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   New to Me / Cantilever Spiderbox ? (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5833)

OLDKID 06-11-2016 01:27 PM

New to Me / Cantilever Spiderbox ?

1 Attachment(s)
Never seen this setup before ( Spiderbox on C.L.) Look at the dog bone brackets and laid down stock shocks and shocks ??? In stock location ???

OLDKID 06-11-2016 01:33 PM

3 Attachment(s)
More shots of Y.D. Wish he was closer to me I'd like to check it out ( which usually means BUY in my case ) Called him up , he was clueless , bought it this way - thought it was a stock Buggy .

OLDKID 06-11-2016 02:26 PM

Not good for the oldkid's pocketbook .

I'm on my third Spiderbox . Bought new and seldom ridden by an adult woman , sold to a buddy of mine who rode it twice , now it's the OLDGIRL'S , and it's a creampuff . Very good condition . Problem being that there is nothing COOLER , BAD TO THE BONE LOOKING than a Spiderbox with suspension , and wheel / tire upgrades . ( thanks alot TKEAGLE ) ( voted for yours in the last pic. contest ) The Rational OLDKID says " good enough the way it is , it does just fine the way it is " The REAL OLDKID can't stay off B.D. Website making shopping lists ( dream list's) even arms , reinforced spindle's 3 " lift with good shocks , good rear shocks , fenders , steering rack mod. 20" front tires , 22" snotty mud rears , seat padding , reverse , all the Spiderbox reinforcements , front and rear winch ... ... ... ... And that's WITHOUT ANY ENGINE UPGRADES !!! :bigbaby:
HERE WE GO AGAIN ! All said and done , adds up pretty close to the cost of a new Buggy . Godfrey if your reading this , IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT !!!
Where was I , oh yea ...... THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THE LOOK OF A TRICKED OUT YERF ! I'M Done , The End . :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

x-bird 06-12-2016 12:40 AM

not looking to buy, just curious where its at and how much they're asking. Nice wheel setup on it as well.

OLDKID 06-12-2016 08:28 AM

I think he was asking $1200 . He's in Piffard N.Y. Listed in the Rochester C.L.

xlint89 06-12-2016 09:31 AM

Interesting rear set up for sure. Curious how effective it is?

OLDKID 06-12-2016 10:30 AM

Asked the kid about it , he was clueless . I'm guessing those brackets mounted in the stock swingarm mounts are stationary , the stock shocks ( look like front's) are providing the spring's , and those chrome job's are hydraulic dampened shocks with no spring rate ???? Be nice if they used something other than the stock pogo-sticks . I'd love to bounce it a bit , and see how effective it is , but it's located half a state away from me . :banghead:

x-bird 06-12-2016 09:09 PM

what they basically did is set it up like a car. Whoever did it recognized that the stock shocks offer no damping so they kept them to act as the spring to suspend the rear since the spring rate is pretty much correct then added a set of dampers to help regulate rate of travel. I'd bet it's better than stock and maybe better than one set up with coilovers with the wrong springs.

tkeagle 06-13-2016 02:59 PM

very interesting. So you think it might be a decent upgrade then X?
Would love to give it a test drive, see how it runs. Looks simple enough.
BTW, thanks oldkid. And welcome. ;)

x-bird 06-13-2016 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkeagle (Post 50141)
very interesting. So you think it might be a decent upgrade then X?
Would love to give it a test drive, see how it runs. Looks simple enough.
BTW, thanks oldkid. And welcome. ;)

only if the ratio is correct on that canti setup, no way to know without riding it.