BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Toys (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   He shoots.......he score's!!! (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5672)

OLDKID 02-03-2016 09:39 AM

He shoots.......he score's!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Went for a cruise in the hood the other day and spotted a truck , trailer, and a guy in the midst of moving . And a shiny red mini bike leaning against the porch .Hollered out " Is it for sale " replied yes it is . Hit brakes HARD....SCREACH . Said it needed a clutch , wouldn't engage ,started it up , only run on choke which he thought was normal . ( Actually had bad gas and wouldn't build enough RPM to engage ) Baja MiniDoodle DB30 IN LIKE NEW CONDITION . He says " What cha gimme for it ? " Respond : You know what its worth to you...How much ? He responds $40 ??? CHA-CHING , BAM , POW , SOLD !!!!
Forgot to mention , my 11 year old Grandson who I was buying it for was present , and was having a rough time keeping his trap closed during negotiations , but he did . He was pretty impressed , but I told him it only goes that way Once In A Blue Moon . HE SHOOTS.....HE SCORES!!!! :cheers: :cheers:

BuggyMaster 02-03-2016 10:43 AM

Score, indeed! We've had a few. Stick a 6.5hp motor on that thing and it will do wheelies!!! LOL!!!

OLDKID 02-03-2016 11:33 AM

10/4 on that idea , was thinking that as I was loading it on the truck . Nah , it's the perfect setup for this coming season to get him proficient on two wheels .
Being the wonderful , caring Grandfather that I am , it would only be proper for me to find myself an old Manco Big Cat , El Burro Sand n Snow Bike , Heald Super Bronc , etc. You know , to follow him around on , make sure he's safe , yea that's it . Uh oh I think my compulsive side is showing LOL .

At the moment I got the whole family crew arm'd up with four wheelers for four wheeler days , buggies for buggy days , Guess it's time to make them buy mini bikes . :evil: :evil: :laugh:

SYCARMS 02-03-2016 12:42 PM

I love deals like that.

OLDKID 02-03-2016 04:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Took number one grandson and went thru the Doodlebug after posting earlier .
BINGO ! My suspicions were correct , cleaned out carb , fresh plug , and gas , He's riding .Clutch is good --- needed some RPM's . :drive:

EVILWS6 02-03-2016 04:29 PM

Very good deal. I bet he grandson loves it.

xlint89 02-03-2016 07:26 PM

Very cool. I always hurt myself on those things.... ;)

jmansracerocket 02-03-2016 09:19 PM

awesome score oldkid.

wildbob 02-04-2016 07:03 AM

Very nice score!

liduno 02-04-2016 07:06 AM

I remember my first mini bike, I thought I was the luckiest kid in the world..lol

OLDKID 02-05-2016 09:51 AM

Does it get any better than this ???.........
Well actually sometimes it does!!!...........
In my earlier post I said it was in " Like New Condition " that was a little bit of a lie . It was missing the two piece chain guard , oh well . Boots and straight legs .
Previous owner calls me up yesterday n says " in the midst of moving I found two pieces of plastic off of the Baja " which I immediately picked up , no cracks , unbroken . HE SCORES !!!!!!!!! ( Again ) And The Fans Go Wild..... :cheers:

jmansracerocket 02-05-2016 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLDKID (Post 48969)
Does it get any better than this ???.........
Well actually sometimes it does!!!...........
In my earlier post I said it was in " Like New Condition " that was a little bit of a lie . It was missing the two piece chain guard , oh well . Boots and straight legs .
Previous owner calls me up yesterday n says " in the midst of moving I found two pieces of plastic off of the Baja " which I immediately picked up , no cracks , unbroken . HE SCORES !!!!!!!!! ( Again ) And The Fans Go Wild..... :cheers:

LMFAO!!!!!!! you got to be kidding me lol.

OLDKID 02-05-2016 12:14 PM

Yeap , for real . I had given him my phone # because he has a Polaris 4x4 Explorer with some issues that he didn't want to sell just yet .
CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT CALL !!! :hail:

2SlickNick 02-06-2016 11:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice deal!

I have 3 of the older models. My daughters with a 6.5hp, mine (which I added springer seat, front shocks, sissy bar, and sidecar), and the one I converted to a trike (which has a childs grab bar and foot pegs).

They are a blast. You can see them in my video
http://youtu.be/NEXoa-8d7qE

OLDKID 02-07-2016 12:31 PM

I was a total mini bike nut when I was a kid ( couple of centuries ago ) got round two when my kids were young , now round three with the Grandbrats . Got the Buggy and ATV category under control . Gotta reup on the Minibikes now , get one under everybody's butt . Got the DB30 , generic lil' Indian style , and a Baja Warrior . Need more , warrior's are all over the place , I'll get one for me and add seat suspension or a swingarm ( spinal issues) What I really want is 60's , 70's El Burro , Trail Bronc , etc. Atv tire bikes or my dream bike ROKON TRAIL BREAKER . Enough of this , this is a BUGGY FORUM !