BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   FrankenBuggy Tech (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   YerfDog 3203 Modification project (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5125)

Stread223 09-03-2014 04:08 PM

YerfDog 3203 Modification project

I'm starting a project modifying a stock 3203 two-seater into a stretched single seater that can accommodate larger/taller drivers. I thought I may as well share photos and info as I go along, as I have had a difficult time finding info on how to resolve some of the issues like throttle linkage, poor steering characteristics, engine swap issues, ect. I'm also going to eliminate any hard to find parts and replace with more readily available parts to avoid the problems that caused me to abandon this kart years ago. Maybe others can benefit from details of such a build.

2SlickNick 09-03-2014 04:21 PM

Heck ya man!!! Look forward to seeing the progress. i too want to stretch one of these and add a 13hp and 4 bucket seats.

Stread223 09-03-2014 04:33 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Thanks Nick. This is my starting point, most of the frame is already disassembled. I have a long way to go. and GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!

2SlickNick 09-03-2014 10:12 PM

My live axle conversion has a taken a while lol.

You should fill out your profile too. It helps.
You living wv too?

Stread223 09-03-2014 10:18 PM

I grew up in Beckley, went to WVU in Morgantown, but living in suburbs of Charlotte NC now. I saw your location was Moundsville. Sorry to say I knew a few guys in the "state facility" there. HA. i was checking out your build and I gotta say that is the most creative use of shopping cart parts I've ever seen!

Stread223 09-03-2014 10:40 PM

The teardown hit some major snags. The axle had rusted and seized the wheels, brake drum and sprockets. I had to cut the axle into several pieces in an attempt to salvage what i could. I found OEM axles priced from $230 to $14.95 new. I guess it pays to shop around. The wheel rims are hopelessly seized on shaft. I've tried WD40, torch, air hammer and good old fashioned beating the crap out of it with a hammer. It looks like I need wheels now too. I've found wheels from John Deere mower is perfect fit, but I am looking for 4 bolt hubs that fit 1"keyed shaft. This will give me more options with nice chrome rims and better tires. If anyone knows a source for hubs that will work, please share. BMI doesnt have what I want. I'm considering a WV blue and gold paint job or Carolina Panthers scheme. I have nice airbrush kit that should help make nice designs.

x-bird 09-05-2014 07:04 PM

Real easy choice either local tractor supply or online for 4 on 4 trailer hubs. new axle and bearings from BMI karts. Golf cart rims (8-inch diameter) cheap and plentiful.