BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   FrankenBuggy Tech (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   "Man" co update (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2580)

robertnoble 01-22-2012 05:30 PM

"Man" co update

3 Attachment(s)
Hi, update. Have one side of the front suspension all done. The heims went in flawlessly. Pics are hard to tell but the heims are at 12 degrees and spindle is perfectly level to the frame. Took the shock off and have full travel with no binding with the spindle mounted to upper and lower a arms. Ran out of time will have rest finished next weekend..

metalstudman1 01-23-2012 08:38 PM

Looks beautiful. Your A-arms are unequal right now from the 2 pivot points-normally the heims/ball joints ride on the spindle- the one on the bottom if moved up and on the spindle will make the A-arms equal distance apart from frame to spindle. If you intentionally mounted it this way then disregard, as it'll work too.

AceFab 01-23-2012 08:41 PM

You have it looking good, can't wait to see more. Do you think some kind of gusset from your spindle upright to the heim mounting points would be good to keep the flat bar from bending? If you get any airtime with the buggy you might tweak them on some harder landings. Just a thought.
Keep up the good work.

robertnoble 01-23-2012 11:38 PM

Ace very good point, most definitely.. Your right I will do a gusset this weekend so the end of the shock bar does not bend up. Good eye. By the way yes I do want equal length arms, I just mocked it up real fast for a photo for you guys, didn't realize what I did. You guys have a great eye for detail that really helps out. Thanks for all your input I really appreciate it.. Thanks Robert

x-bird 01-23-2012 11:42 PM

It looks like the spindle c-2-c is taller than the arm mount c-2-c.

robertnoble 01-24-2012 03:39 PM

Camera angle everything is perfect.. Ty for looking though

metalstudman1 01-24-2012 07:54 PM

Acefab- if you could bend the rectangular tube the spindle is welded to you didn't survive the crash!!

roysheepdog 01-24-2012 10:10 PM

do you have high misalignment spacers on the heims?you would get more travel with than without.it may be to late now but if the heim was turned vertical it would gain a lot more travel,and high mis.spacers would give more than enough for turning the wheel.
how much travel do you have with the new shocks?

robertnoble 01-25-2012 10:58 AM

Hi I have a full range of travel. I took the spring off and put the shock back on and It will move all the way up and down with zero bind and that was even having the lower heim in the wrong location, thanks to metalstudman1 I didn't realize I had done that. I'm not sure in inches, I can let you no later on the weekend when I work on it again. They are 16" eye to eye zl500 fox single spring rate on the front, and 16" zr500 dual spring rate for the rear. It should ride really good especially with 23 x 8 on the front and 23 x 10 tires on the rear.

robertnoble 01-25-2012 10:59 AM

Oh yea I do have spacers but don't no if ill need them until I get the rack put in this weekend..

roysheepdog 01-25-2012 12:21 PM

if the wheel goes up and down enough to use all the shock travel it may not need the spacers.but they will give it more movement without binding.

AceFab 01-25-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metalstudman1 (Post 20059)
Acefab- if you could bend the rectangular tube the spindle is welded to you didn't survive the crash!!

You are right metalstudman1! :lmao: I was thinking about the flats that are welded top and bottom to the tube.