BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Go Kart General Discussion (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Go-Karts my yr. old grandson bought, fixed them and flipped last year (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5273)

The Blind Man 01-17-2015 09:33 PM

Go-Karts my yr. old grandson bought, fixed them and flipped last year

8 Attachment(s)
Attachment 7104

Attachment 7105

Attachment 7106

Attachment 7107

Attachment 7108

Attachment 7109

Attachment 7110

Attachment 7111
I am retired and to keep busy my grandson and I pick up karts from Craig's list, he sands and paints them, I usually throw in a predator 6.5 hp motor on them, we play with them then flip them...
It is a fun hobby and keeps me occupied the last one we sold was the Model T and we picked up the buggy that is on my avatar...He wants to keep the buggy and I also like it because of the safety belts... It does not go as fast as the go-karts but it is still fun... Bob (on the title of the thread it was supposed to say 10 year old grandson)

TheFauxFox 01-17-2015 09:54 PM

I clicked on this thread because I had to know if he flipped it for cash or wrecked it xD

BTW your pictures aren't working for me, same with anyone else?

Edit: Nevermind they're loading now

The Blind Man 01-17-2015 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFauxFox (Post 44921)
I clicked on this thread because I had to know if he flipped it for cash or wrecked it xD

BTW your pictures aren't working for me, same with anyone else?

Edit: Nevermind they're loading now

============================================

Sorry, I should have been more clear on this... We flip them for $$$...Pick them for about $150 to $200 put another $200 (avg) into them and they go away fast between $400 to $475... I got $1.100 for the Model T ...I just do this to keep busy... Bob

liduno 01-18-2015 08:18 AM

Bob. those are some of the strangest looking gokarts I've ever seen. And those spoked front rims scare me..lol

OLDKID 01-18-2015 08:55 AM

I CAN SEE AUTOBODY REPAIRMAN , CAR SALESMAN , OR CUSTOMIZER IN HIS FUTURE ( ALL THE FAUX BLING , BLING ) . GOTTA GET ME ONE OF THOSE CLUTCH FAN'S FOR THE NOSE OF MY KING COBRA LMAO . :rofl:

liduno 01-18-2015 09:29 AM

The stretched one looks pretty cool, like a dragster.

The Blind Man 01-18-2015 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLDKID (Post 44925)
I CAN SEE AUTOBODY REPAIRMAN , CAR SALESMAN , OR CUSTOMIZER IN HIS FUTURE ( ALL THE FAUX BLING , BLING ) . GOTTA GET ME ONE OF THOSE CLUTCH FAN'S FOR THE NOSE OF MY KING COBRA LMAO . :rofl:

]==========================================
You like that fan on the red one huh?...:) I laughed at it also I named that one "The Bugati Edition" The amazing thing is I sold that one in 3 hours after i put it up 4sale and had 7 calls on it... All the other strange ones also sold very fast ( they get sold within 3-4 days)... There is a saying " There is an S for every seat" I don't throw anything away and when stuff breaks I tear it apart and keep some of the weird stuff and when I get bored I start doing crazy stuff on these karts ...All those karts had profit in them and my grandson and I have a blast working on them (he also tells me i'm nuts) . You guys are serious go-kart people and now that i think about this i should not have posted this... Did not mean to offend anyone.... But I am happy that you got a laugh out of it...:) Te buggy i have now it is a nice one and I AM NOT going to do any WEIRD stuff to it ... As long as they keep selling with a profit I am ok wit that... Actually i was a little embarrassed by your reply but then I started laughing myself..:) So it is all Good... Have a Great Day ... Bob

liduno 01-18-2015 10:07 AM

Nothing to be embarrassed about. You should see some of the crazy **** people put on their buggies..lol

The Blind Man 01-18-2015 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liduno (Post 44931)
Nothing to be embarrassed about. You should see some of the crazy **** people put on their buggies..lol

========================================
Thanks.... I just have fun wit them, then my son and wife we make a bet as to how weird it is and "how fast they sell" and I have won all the bets... I had to "promise" my grandson i would leave the buggy we have now alone,(the one on my avatar) and a promise I have to keep and will...Have a great day Bob

The Blind Man 01-18-2015 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liduno (Post 44926)
The stretched one looks pretty cool, like a dragster.

The stretched out was a very nice one... I geared it wrong had a 18 tooth clutch and 53 tooth sprocket, before "burning the clutch" on the second ride (expensive lesson) I clocked it @ 43 mph it actually scared the heck out of me we took it to a home depot parking lot after they closed...But it was fun..Then i fixed it with a 12 t clutch and 72 t sprocket and it ran great not as fast but no clutch burning out after 2 rides and short ones at that...Bob

OLDKID 01-18-2015 10:49 AM

By no mean's was i try'ing to be offensive , or mean spirited , the pic.s were great , something we all want more of , and i believe this forum is open to all breeds of kart's , not just g-y6 types . My appologies i was just trying to be cute (not easy for me) in real life i look like a member of the duck dynasty clan and have been looking for a stickon mohawk ,or propeller for my helmet . Barret jackson that's cool stuff . :d

zman007007 01-18-2015 11:19 AM

I liked the stretch cart too best.

zman007007 01-18-2015 11:21 AM

and oldkid, don't laugh at the clutch fan it dropped the temp on that cart by 10 degrees lol

The Blind Man 01-18-2015 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zman007007 (Post 44936)
and oldkid, don't laugh at the clutch fan it dropped the temp on that cart by 10 degrees lol

================================================
I love it.:rofl: .. Especially in Arizona as hot as it gets any extra air is good... :) I don't remember if that spun or not... Bob