BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parts For Sale / Wanted (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Dr Pulley variator and Sliders (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4045)

mb1134 02-18-2013 07:33 AM

Dr Pulley variator, sliders, and more

I have for sale, a barely used Dr Pulley variator and 2 sets of sliders 10g and 12g. I will be taking off of my buggy probably next week. Variator and 12g sliders have no more than an hour of use of them. Only rode around the block to tes and tune the carb.

Dr. Pulley variator (like new) - $90
10g sliders (new) - $20
12g sliders (like new) - $20
2 electric chokes (like new) - $9 each
Stock Trailmaster 150 variator and rollers (like new) - make an offer
Stock Trailmaster 150 head (like new) - make an offer

bear 02-18-2013 08:55 AM

what are you changing to MB?

mb1134 02-18-2013 09:34 AM

Thinking about trying the DR2.

bear 02-18-2013 02:46 PM

Oh, I thought you just were'nt happy with the setup.

mb1134 02-18-2013 02:55 PM

Nope. I was happy with it. i am just trying different stuff before i decide to completely upgrade the engine.

MASTERBATES 02-18-2013 08:38 PM

what ya askn for it? i may be interested. since i have the same ride. can you tell me what the main difference felt is? like how does it hook up and take off?

mb1134 02-19-2013 05:10 AM

Well i ran it with the 12g sliders so it gave more take off without sacrificing to much top end. I believe i was still hitting 35 or so on the speedo. I could definitely tell a decent difference in power while using it, but i also installed a 1500 main spring. It also had more power through the complete powerband up to top speed. Im not sure if you remember, but when these buggies are stock, it seems to take forever to get up to speed. This pulley and sliders seem to help it get there much quicker.

mb1134 02-27-2013 05:34 AM

*Bump* come one people. Dr Pulley is uninstalled and ready to ship.

MASTERBATES 02-27-2013 12:32 PM

So even with ur a-10 came& perf. 2 valve head it still only at 35mph? So far I've only installed,perf clutch,coil,all 1500 springs and modded air box with a uni . Im runnin taller tires in the rear also. But I can hold 35 on flats pretty steadily. Its when going up hills on gravel or pavement that slows it down. So...does the variator help any at all when it comes down to load and tourqe? Cuz that's what I'm goin for next. All while keeping the same speed or a lil higher

MASTERBATES 02-27-2013 12:42 PM

I've been debating on getting a p&p, or just getting a hold of tom for the perf head.....Im just not sure what the true gains are from either option. I bought an orange perf CD on eBay a while back it worked good for a day. Then when the buggy got warmed up after that. It would cut sputter out,fall on its face....bit would idle good. After countless times of jetting thinking that was the issue, I was at the point of pulling ,my hair out.....I said what's left? Switched the CDi back to stock,runs like a top!

mb1134 02-27-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MASTERBATES (Post 30911)
So even with ur a-10 came& perf. 2 valve head it still only at 35mph? So far I've only installed,perf clutch,coil,all 1500 springs and modded air box with a uni . Im runnin taller tires in the rear also. But I can hold 35 on flats pretty steadily. Its when going up hills on gravel or pavement that slows it down. So...does the variator help any at all when it comes down to load and tourqe? Cuz that's what I'm goin for next. All while keeping the same speed or a lil higher

I can easily hit 35 with my setup. The biggest problem is getting the main jet perfect. Been through 4 different ones and still need to try my #136. The main difference is that it has much more torque and pulls stronger through the powerband with all the mods. If i wanted more top end i would have to use heavier rollers/sliders and change the gearing. The transmission mods are what gives you your top end from what i have read and know. Unless i want to do the BBK and 4-valve head. The variator definitely helped helped with low end nd torque through the whole powerband. That was the first thing i did. I tested in on a fairly steep culdisac in out neighbor hood and it ran great up the hill from a dead stop. I believe the buggy being stock i might have gotten stuck, seriously. The variator with lighter with 12g sliders worked great. I wanted to try the 10g for more bottom end, but was worried i would lose to much top end after talking to Tom. I just hate to keep ripping apart the buggy to test and retest. If you want the variator and a set or both sliders, let me know. looking to move them. PM me an offer aslong as its not ridiculous. By the way, if you are doing the head be sure to have Tom P&P it. I didnt know they werent and you had to request it, or i would have.