BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   ATV and Dirt Bike Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Honda clone problems (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2867)

Pinhead 04-03-2012 01:14 PM

Honda clone problems

Hi guys Im new here and have a problem with my honda clone motor.Here goes,so after it sitting all winter got it going and it is stuck wide open.I have no idea why or what is going on for it to do so.I tried puting a return spring on it but was either to heavy or to light.Any one ran into this problem befor?:dunno:

BuggyMaster 04-03-2012 01:22 PM

Is the governor still in place?

Pinhead 04-03-2012 01:25 PM

I never took it out but could it have broke off inside?

BuggyMaster 04-03-2012 01:37 PM

what i have seen happen here and there is when they sit the throttle assembly on the carb will gum up. the carbs sit naturally in a wide open position. When you fire it up, the governor takes it back down. Take your air cleaner off or just look and see where the throttle is on the carb and see if it is frozen stuck. I suspect it is.

BuggyMaster 04-03-2012 01:38 PM

not likely to break off inside from sitting.

Pinhead 04-03-2012 02:38 PM

I have looked in the carb and it is wide open.I can move it closed with my hand no problem.I did try spraying it cause thought it was gumed.Still ran wide open right into the tool box.Doh.Im really stumped on this one.

BuggyMaster 04-03-2012 02:46 PM

That being the case, something has gone wrong between the actual governor to the arm that pulls the throttle back. Maybe a spring fell of or something similar. With the engine running you should be able to move the throttle back to the closed position.

The rods and such between the governor and the actual throttle are just a few rods and some springs. I don't have one at the moment to take a picture to show you how they connect.

Pinhead 04-03-2012 04:08 PM

If you had a pic that would be awsome.I not sure if there is a spring off or what,and im not sure how it is supoose to all conect.Like I said it ran fine last year.

satoys 04-03-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinhead (Post 22776)
If you had a pic that would be awsome.I not sure if there is a spring off or what,and im not sure how it is supoose to all conect.Like I said it ran fine last year.

might work better if you posted some pictures of what yours looks like, someone may spot something in the picture.
also, what is the brand, size, age, etc ?

Pinhead 04-03-2012 07:41 PM

I dont have a camara right now but the motor is a power fist 6.5hp motor

Pinhead 04-17-2012 11:15 AM

Well never had luck with the motor yet but I do have a honda 5hp motor.This might be a dumb question but to take the governor off is it the same as a clone?