BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mini Buggy General Discussion (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   manco differential (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6104)

mark123 03-08-2017 08:20 PM

manco differential

I bought a 2 seater manco 10hp and it has an open rear differential. Is it possible to make this a locking differential or a simple way to permanently lock it.

SYCARMS 03-09-2017 01:18 PM

What engine does it have?

OLDKID 03-10-2017 07:14 AM

I bought and sold a Manco Super Deuce two years ago . Didn't keep it because of the open differential ( ONE WHEEL PEEL ) mine also was not the one with reverse , and weighed 600 lbs. Definitely not a trail machine . You could do the old " Lincoln Locker " - welded side / spider gears , I used to do that on our mud trucks , also known as a " Poor Mans Locker " Try You Tube , there's probably videos . :cheers:

OLDKID 03-10-2017 07:31 AM

Keep in mind the fact : I'm referring to Chevy truck rear ends that were plentiful at the time . Your carrier , side gears , spiders , axle splines might not have enough meat to survive driving two wheels and grenade itself . I'm sure another rear end would be next to impossible to find . Once again , reason I sold mine and bought something else . :cheers:

mark123 03-13-2017 08:28 PM

It has a 10 hp Tecumseh. Weird that they made it for off-road with big knobby tires and put an open diff in it? Oh well worse case I will make a new 1 piece axle for it.

SYCARMS 03-13-2017 10:42 PM

Those were basically yard carts for small kids.

OLDKID 03-16-2017 07:24 PM

SYCARMS , I think you're thinking of the Dingo . Many different versions of the Deuce / Super Deuce , 10 - 16 H.P.B & S . Some had reverse . Mine was the big clod / size of a golf cart , 10 horse , no reverse . Had full size upholstered bucket seats , automotive coil over hydraulic shocks front and rear , plastic goofy looking rear , and front body / fender , plastic roof panel , ( from the front looks like a Duck Bill Platypus) , mine also had doors , ( side bars hinged and latched ) on the internet but few . Most Deuce's are similar but no doors , and a more conventional looking cage . VERY BIG BUGGY'S .:cheers:

x-bird 03-17-2017 04:26 PM

probably an open diff to improve turning radius. post some pictures, would love to see the beast.

OLDKID 03-17-2017 04:54 PM

EXACTLY ! but at nearly 600lbs.with no reverse and one drive wheel / NOT FOR ME ! ( Supposed to be in a wheel chair - don't tell my doctor I still ride 10/4 ? ) ain't trying to post pictures , for every successful time I did / takes usually 15 tries . Google Dingo Deuce , Super Deuce , red black and white buckets , side bar doors , roof , and the GOOFIEST , UGLIEST front fender / face you ever seen on a Buggy ! :cheers: