BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other tech issues (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Carbide seats in a Helix??????? (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303)

Famlfax 10-09-2009 11:01 PM

Carbide seats in a Helix???????

Today, I was at my buddy's house, where I keep my helix. I just picked mine up used, and realized the seats had deteriorated. I pulled them to start the needed repairs, and realized there are TWO rails on each side. The Oem helix seats only used the outside two. Anyone try and swap the seats over yet? My buddy has a carbide, but it's not even a week old, so I know he's never going to let me pull his. I would really like to know. I see those seats as a huge upgrade between our two rides. One of the things I don't' feel was OVER engineered on the Carbide. :cough: suspension :cough:

BuggyMaster 10-10-2009 11:46 AM

I agree. I have been wanting to put the Carbide seats in ours too. Just gotta fabricate their mounting.

Out helix's seat was rotted and I replaced the bottom seat with a real piece of plywood. I happened to be at tractor supply yesterday and the helix they have had sitting outside forever also has a rotting seat. BUT...I think the purposely use a thinner piece of plywood just to give the seat some flex. Ours is now solid as can be but it will wear your rear end out after riding for a long time. Very functional but not very comfortable on the long haul.

I'd like to pick up a used Carbide with a blown engine or something to use for parts.

Famlfax 10-10-2009 07:03 PM

Heres the thing, I think there is a good chance the carbide seats will simply bolt in. the rails are there. A total of 4, where as the helix bench seats only use the outside two. I want to know if you can just pop them in there.

BuggyMaster 10-10-2009 07:29 PM

I vote you talk your buddy into letting you take his buggy apart and try it out! :lol:

Famlfax 10-10-2009 07:46 PM

I'd have a better chance pulling a stump with my helix! :rofl:

24evanwilson 10-10-2009 09:27 PM

Ha!! Lol

foxracer45 12-01-2009 05:22 PM

if you can i have dibs! i hate bench seats but still the helix is a lot more comfortable than a lot of buggies lol

joshstep1 12-01-2009 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Famlfax (Post 2288)
Today, I was at my buddy's house, where I keep my helix. I just picked mine up used, and realized the seats had deteriorated. I pulled them to start the needed repairs, and realized there are TWO rails on each side. The Oem helix seats only used the outside two. Anyone try and swap the seats over yet? My buddy has a carbide, but it's not even a week old, so I know he's never going to let me pull his. I would really like to know. I see those seats as a huge upgrade between our two rides. One of the things I don't' feel was OVER engineered on the Carbide. :cough: suspension :cough:

What's wrong with the suspension on the Carbide?

foxracer45 12-01-2009 07:23 PM

they both have the same shocks. the diff is the way they're set up.

joshstep1 12-01-2009 08:07 PM

I know. But he said the suspension on the Carbide was over engineered.

roysheepdog 12-01-2009 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshstep1 (Post 4066)
What's wrong with the suspension on the Carbide?

2" of travel

joshstep1 12-01-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roysheepdog (Post 4094)
2" of travel

wow, that's all they have

roysheepdog 12-01-2009 09:11 PM

thats all mine had and the carbide a-arms and shocks look like mine.i put one ramp on my truck and pull one wheel of the buggy up until the other wheel came off the ground.max travel was about 1 1/2" to 2".the shocks only have 2" of travel and you could get a littel more with better shocks and a lot better ride

BuggyMaster 12-02-2009 06:51 AM

The carbide seats have a bit more angle to them on the seat backs I think. In the Helix, that may cause a problem being that you'd might have to have the seat pretty far forward for them to bolt in.

24evanwilson 12-02-2009 02:15 PM

im confused.......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................,........................... .................................................. .................................................. ......................

find the comma

roysheepdog 12-02-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24evanwilson (Post 4114)
im confused.......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................,........................... .................................................. .................................................. ......................

find the comma

why?

joshstep1 12-02-2009 03:24 PM

I think it's because of what buggymaster said.

24evanwilson 12-02-2009 04:15 PM

yeah it is

MudRunner03 01-05-2011 01:53 PM

omg i would kill to have carbine seats in my helix but i wouldnt take the carbine over the helix just bcuz the seats.. you coud prolly weld a bracket on the old seat frame and mount the carbine seats???