BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mini Buggy General Discussion (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Rear View Mirror for Trailmaster XRS 150 (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5642)

danielboone 12-29-2015 08:08 PM

Rear View Mirror for Trailmaster XRS 150

Hello. Anybody familiar with outfitting this XRS 150 with a rear view mirror that I believe comes stock on the XRX model. I found the part at Trailmasterbuggy parts and below was their response about installation. I would also entertain other options.

This is only the mirror and the top bolt.
We do not have the special washer that goes on the top to make it work.
You should be able to make it work but you will need to find a solution
for the special washer as we don't have it in stock.

Thanks,

wildbob 12-29-2015 08:43 PM

I have an xrx and I think that mirror blows. I'd look at at some online dune buggy parts stores. I would have replaced it, but it's pretty low on the list of stuff to do..

SYCARMS 12-30-2015 09:39 AM

My single seat come with a rear view mirror. I wondered if it was supplied as a joke since you can view nothing but yourself. I had a 2 seater with a rear view mirror but removed it and went with side view mirrors instead. They are more practical.

ckau 12-30-2015 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYCARMS (Post 48651)
My single seat come with a rear view mirror. I wondered if it was supplied as a joke since you can view nothing but yourself. I had a 2 seater with a rear view mirror but removed it and went with side view mirrors instead. They are more practical.

Yep! those rear views sit so close to your face they limit the field of view to include your face and partial view of the gas tank. They interfere with my frontal field of view more than anything.
...They are handy for applying lipstick though.:laugh:
A set of handlebar clamping side mirrors can easily be adapted to mount on the side rails. and they work well

OLDKID 12-30-2015 03:34 PM

ckau , I have long admired and appreciated your informative postings as well as other members insight ...........
BUT THIS LIPSTICK THING IS MORE INFORMATION THAN WE NEEDED TO KNOW! :laugh: :yuck: :yuck::yuck: HA,HA,HA .

SYCARMS 12-30-2015 05:51 PM

Putting on lip stick, makeup or squeezing zits are the only reasons I can find for that mirror. I also found it odd they put cigarette lighters on a kids buggy in 2006-2007. But than I saw the video of the little fat 5 year Chinese kid old chain smoking.

zman007007 12-31-2015 02:13 PM

that cigarette lighter outlet can also be used for a power outlet for a GPS if its 12 volt which most are.

ckau 12-31-2015 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLDKID (Post 48661)
BUT THIS LIPSTICK THING IS MORE INFORMATION THAN WE NEEDED TO KNOW! .

OOps ..sorry, wrong forum

OLDKID 12-31-2015 03:18 PM

LMAO !:laugh2: :laugh2: ,That's some funny stuff .