BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mini Buggy General Discussion (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   any manco suggestions (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1467)

billu427 01-13-2011 09:44 AM

any manco suggestions

Hi All . I just picked up a manco IntruderII model#607c ,It has the 7hp robin subaru motor . It needs a cluch And I wanted to find the strongest cluch out there plus I need more power and wanted some advice on if i can or should try to beef up the 7 or just stuff a bigger motor in it .Any advice would be appreciated , I'm new to the gocart scene & don't quite know where to start my parts search. Thanks

BuggyMaster 01-13-2011 03:26 PM

Seems to me that those have a torque converter on them, right?

billu427 01-13-2011 03:33 PM

yes you are correct , Like I said Just picked it up dont know Alot about it yet The sproket looks very worn on it

BuggyMaster 01-13-2011 03:39 PM

Those engines that they put on there are some of the most reliable made. Fantastic engines. They have a comet 30 series torque converter. Most torque converters don't get the proper maintenance that they need. I would try to clean up those pieces as best I could and see how usable they are.

Regarding a bigger engine, what people don't think about is that a bigger engine isn't necesarrily going to give you more speed. Will it get you up to speed quicker? Sure but when you get to the bigger engines, in most cases the RPM is governed even lower than the 7hp engine so you will wind up going slower!!! Now granted, bigger engines are how you make it burn the tires off with their abundant torque.

BUT....most of the bigger engines have a larger output shaft for connecting the torque converter. Where as the one you have now is a 3/4 and will work easily with the 30 series Comet, if you have to move up to a torque converter that accomodates the 1" shaft of the bigger engines, now you are in a whole new financial ball game.

Point being, stick with the engine you have now. Want to upgrade? Get into a full mini buggy.

billu427 01-13-2011 03:59 PM

Thanks for the reply ! I just wanted to get a feel for some of the things that can be done to this buggy

metalstudman1 01-13-2011 10:55 PM

The Manco 607c is a pretty decent buggy/go kart from the factory.We had one a few years back and the only mod I did was larger wheels and tires.Did you get it cheap?By the way- excellent explaination Buggymaster, you covered it all.

billu427 01-14-2011 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metalstudman1 (Post 12342)
The Manco 607c is a pretty decent buggy/go kart from the factory.We had one a few years back and the only mod I did was larger wheels and tires.Did you get it cheap?By the way- excellent explaination Buggymaster, you covered it all.

Thanks ,Yeah I think I got a Pretty good deal ,Partial trade so not much out of pocket ! BTW what size wheels did you use?

metalstudman1 01-14-2011 07:21 PM

I used 10" wheels in the rear and 9" in the front(they came off a 4-wheeler I parted out).We needed some extra ground clearance for our trails.It steered alot better with the larger fronts (about18"-19"tires)and the 19"-20"x 11" rears gave it more stability.