BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Member Introduction (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Hi from southern Indiana (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4491)

jimmymc2286 09-09-2013 08:32 PM

Hi from southern Indiana

Just a little bit about me. I am 62 and have a MAXXIM 150. Been riding it for 6 years now. I ride with my son in law. He has a HH 150 gt. They both have some mods done. Clutch springs, gearing, carbs, intake, he has a cam in his I will do that soon. We use our buggies for camping and hunting and just riding the trails on the farm. This evening I mounted a winch on the front of mine. I am getting to old to pull them off logs and things I seem to get hung on. The next thing is the cam.

Glad to be here.
Jimmy McIntosh

Masteryota 09-09-2013 08:35 PM

Welcome to the addiction, sounds like you have a good deal of seat time, too.

Miamieddie 09-10-2013 02:48 AM

Welcome aboard sounds also that I can learn from you. I started last year (2012).

2SlickNick 09-10-2013 10:51 AM

Welcome. Sounds like you are really putting your buggy to use.
Did you have to weld anything to mount your winch? I want a winch too. It takes me a few minutes using my come along when I am stuck.

bear 09-10-2013 03:46 PM

Welcome aboard "jimmy" plenty of us "seasoned" riders on the forum! I go riding over at Haspin Acres quite alot, especially in the fall, maybe you guys can meet us there once in awhile! :biggthumpup:

jimmymc2286 09-10-2013 04:24 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
2SlickNick, The way I mounted mine I had to weld a support under it. not much though.
bear, I will google Haspin Acres. That is something I would love to do. Do you ride the buggy in your avatar? I am thinking about getting me a single seater.
Jimmy

Miamieddie 09-10-2013 04:49 PM

2slick I've been thinking of also adding a winch. Looks like I have to weld a 1/4" steel plate to the front and bolt the winch on to the plate. The only way.

351mustanger 09-10-2013 07:14 PM

Sorry to thread jack. I saw a guy with a frankenbuggy over the weekend. He had a plate mounted on the font and back of his buggy that he could lock his winch in. That way he could pull from either end. It was a very cool buggy. Single seater with a four wheeler engine and a hand shifted 5 speed. He said he clocked 92mph in 5th on the street with a gps. It had alot of neat stuff, but I don't want to go on and on.

2SlickNick 09-10-2013 08:36 PM

Thanks guys. I guess I will have to weld a bracket then or should I say my buddy will :)
I am wanting to put it behind my pedals because the Carbide has a nice spot for that. Like this one. http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/sh...=carbide+winch

2nd thought. With Carbide I don't have to weld. There is enough space between frame and pedals to add one. I was reading of people just drilling the holes and adding a thicker mounting plate between winch and floor panel. Thanks Jimmy Hope you enjoy the forum.

jimmymc2286 09-10-2013 09:05 PM

2SlickNick, I mounted mine like the one in your link. Used it today to pull my buggy up on the trailer. With it behind the pedals it looks factory and worked great. I also pulled a small tree off one of my trails with it. I do believe this is going to be a handy tool.

bear 09-18-2013 09:46 AM

Let the fun begin!

Yeah jimmy thats one of two singles I've got, they're both Dazon 150's, I've had them for over a year now and I love the little monsters! they will go places that still amaze me to this day, and piss off a few RZR's to cause they can't fit where the single's can!!! lol p.s. sorry it took me so long to respond busy, busy,busy

jimmymc2286 09-18-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bear (Post 35962)
Yeah jimmy thats one of two singles I've got, they're both Dazon 150's, I've had them for over a year now and I love the little monsters! they will go places that still amaze me to this day, and piss off a few RZR's to cause they can't fit where the single's can!!! lol p.s. sorry it took me so long to respond busy, busy,busy

I understand being Busy. I have had no luck finding a single within 150 miles, but I found a Yerf spiderbox that will make a good single. I picked it up yesterday. It is going to be a winter project. It is 100% stock and will need a lot of engine mods, plus the frame work to make it a single and fix the week points.

bear 09-20-2013 07:58 AM

Cool, make sure to check out the "frankenbuggy" threads to get some good input!