BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mini Buggy General Discussion (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anyone had a single seater 150cc? (http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450)

BuggyMaster 12-10-2009 09:40 PM

Anyone had a single seater 150cc?

Someone nearby has one for sale. I've always been curious as to how well they run with the advantage of having less weight.

joshstep1 12-10-2009 09:47 PM

I've seen them, never had one, never driven one. I can only assume they feel much punchier right out of the box (or crate) due to their less weight.

bige 12-11-2009 03:49 AM

I have a kinroad single seater 150 for sale. they are a little faster and will tip over quicker. wheel spacers helps stability alot on them.

BuggyMaster 12-11-2009 11:38 AM

I figured the width may be an issue. This one is a Kasea.

ckau 12-22-2009 10:28 PM

We have a Dazon single seat. As Bige stated they are fast but tipsy. we put two inch spacers all around. It fixed the stability problem but it was hard to make it turn tight at high speed. the front wheels would not grab, they would push. We discovered that by changing the rear wheel offset a couple of inches to make the rear a little narrower than the front wheelbase, the improved stability was not affected and it turns good too. Now this Dazon is a real blast to drive

24evanwilson 12-22-2009 10:41 PM

awesome

SYCARMS 12-24-2009 04:19 PM

150 single seater

Both my Son and I have the Blade 150 single seaters. When my son first started driving his he rolled it twice, he than learned how to handle it and not flip. I had never flipped mine, however I will say that if you push it past its limits it will flip. I did not like the idea of wheel spacers so I have put ITP wheels which is a deep set wheel and I do not feel the urge to flip when pushing it. The single seat is like being in a cockpit. I also have the Coolster single seat. The single seat karts are hard to come by since everybody preety much stopped importing them due to most people want 2 seaters so they can ride with their kids or for their kids. The single seat buggy is an experiance of its own. I prefer the single to the double, much more fun to drive. I think Big E and I have the last two Blade singles for sale. Roketa however still sells the single, however their 150 has the odball engine which will not accept any of the performance parts for the engine. The 250cc however is the cn type. Draw backs to the Roketa is that a tall person will lack comfortable head space. TOM

ckau 12-24-2009 08:34 PM

the Blade single is probably the best in the class. the dazon may be a few pounds lighter which normaly is a good thing. but the little extra weight give the blade a smoother ride and better handling. in this case weight is good.

Hey Tom! We haven't chatted in a while! Have you broke the 50 mph mark with that single yet?

SYCARMS 12-25-2009 09:27 AM

I hit top speed of 47mph over about 1200 feet and 44mph in 300 feet. Still working on the custom cam, I have to install and see how I run than send it back to the grinders for the final grinding. Been busy lately cutting wood and working on the new addition to the shop and I hope to run the cam this comming week. I believe the cam should bring me close and hope to 50mph in 300 feet. Hope you and everyone else out there on the forum ia having a Merry Christmas TOM

rich1 01-02-2010 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckau (Post 4682)
We have a Dazon single seat. As Bige stated they are fast but tipsy. we put two inch spacers all around. It fixed the stability problem but it was hard to make it turn tight at high speed. the front wheels would not grab, they would push. We discovered that by changing the rear wheel offset a couple of inches to make the rear a little narrower than the front wheelbase, the improved stability was not affected and it turns good too. Now this Dazon is a real blast to drive

Yeah its mine...:laughing:..Its getting there i just have to get it dialed in a little more.:yumyum:

ckau 01-02-2010 01:37 AM

Yep! It's getting there very well. Only buggy around that can keep up with my YERF! :laughing::laughing:

cresguy 07-02-2010 06:18 AM

I have a coolster 150cc. I really like it. I have never flipped it or come close to it. I added a back brake light and horn. The ride seems very rough to me. The take off is slow but has a good top speed. I moved the front cage pads to the top to protect my head from hitting the top when I hit a large bump. I would like to have the 250cc coolster.