View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Default Car dealers and crack

Well guys now that I am back in the groove work wise, I am trying to find something reasonable to drive back and forth on my 35mile each way commute. I gotta say that I am just amazed in car shopping. If there ever was a car buyer, it's me! I have personally owned over 70 cars. I am finding that in today's times, I'm just not willing to spend the cash. Seems you can have a job today and not tomorrow so I am not willing to drop big bucks on something right now.

I am thinking to myself that if this is the attitude that I have, most people aren't even considering a car right now so the demand would be really low. Basic economics dictate the rules of supply and demand but from what I can tell, the car dealers are still living in a fantasy land!

Here's a rule I think they need to follow for a while: Lower your profit expectations! Instead of planning on making a ton of money, make half a ton. If it's still profit then you are doing ok. If and when the economy recovers, you can start edging it back up.

Anyone else been car shopping lately?