View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 10:11 PM
Supporting Vendor

I personally have yet to find a decent DC CDI for our buggies. I have tried the brand you are looking at and was not that impressed with overall performance. Unfortunately the Chinese do not supply specs with their cdi's so what the seller is told from the suplier is what your told. I do know the DC are 3 times as expensive than the ac due to the added capasitors and circuitry . This is why they are larger than the ac cdi. So far the best dc cdi I have come across is the hammerhead performance. The most important spec of any performance cdi is the megajewels it puts out, but as I have stated prior no specs are supplied with the cdi's from the manufacturer. I have used borh the Blue and Gold Castoli AC on my buggies and was disapointed since they failed after a short time. The yerfdog Rover used a dc cdi with I believe a 10,000 rev on it. I don't think they were no rev limit, but you can expect to pay $70.00 plus for one. Hammerhead performance are not cheap either I believe around the same price but I would have to check to be sure. Besides I would be afraid to spend $30.00 on a DC since they are generally 2 times plus of an AC cdi.

Tom