View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 07:53 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Hello every one new guy here with questions on my new coolster.

Ok my buddies and i are starting to loose interest in our pocket bikes , we are getting to old to be risking limbs any more lol, any way so we started buying go cart buggys this week, we got a tractor supply single seater with a robin 125 cc and we got a 2 seater from craigs list that is a 150 cc electric start and then today i found a coolster on craigs list, its brand new the guys kid never rode it, its 150 cc electric start and air cooled not water cooled. here are my questions, it is a pretty heavy cart and i need it to have more power to make my happy, so have i wasted my money or can i add some ponys to this thing? the type of riding we do is mixed, we do both hill climbs and flat track racing so im looking for all around gains in top speed and low end grunt. i am fluent in modding 49cc pocket bikes and am a car guy so nothing is beyond my scope, i guess a filter and rejet is a must? i dont own a wide band so what jet would i buy with the filter? what other mods are known to add some power and help meet my goals? i read up on the clutch and spring mods but not sure which i would go with to get a little of both worlds, i know its tough to get both high and low end from a clutch and spring kit. im open to all ideas so please be specific with your advice, for example dont tell me to add a air filter and a jet with out telling me which is the best starting point to work from, also last question whats the absolute best site to deal with for ordering stuff for this cart? thanks in advance guys ill be sure to add videos when i get a chance. we just made a video of my 5 hp aspalt cart that i put a nitrous kit on