View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 09:57 PM
Administrator

Great choice going with the 13's and the yellow. Best of both worlds. If you have a 109, plop that 127 in there after adding the UNI and see how it does. I've found that some of these with the smaller jets in stock form are very sensitive to just how many sizes up you can go reasonably. These Helix's on the other hand I usually take out the 114 and drop in a 128 or 130 while making no other changes and the machine runs beautifully and along the proper AFR.

Good choice on the CDI. I have consistently gained 2 mph at the very top end with the ones I get. The adjustable one is likely overkill.

Coil and plug are untested with me. I suspect minimal gains but I have been wrong before.

For the teflon coated drum, you mean the bell over the clutch in the rear?

If so, that will be very neat to see how that does. Should provide a little stall effect.

Ahhhh....the shocks. I looked at this just prior to selling my coolster. At about the same time, I had a Baja Reaction. For a pair of rear shocks, with dampners, for that machine brand new it was about $30. They looked like they would bolt right on. What you are up against is in fact being as close to the same eye-2-eye height as possible. Variations from that will throw off you geometry and you may find you are now a low rider or you have a lift kit. I always wanted to find a pair from a HammerHead 250 to put on mine but sold it before I ever had a chance. New shocks could make a TON of difference on those machines.

When dealing with the cam, be careful what you wish for. In the video below, my entire goal was top end. So I got an A-9 cam which is a top end cam. I did in fact gain a few MPH in the top end. However, I lost a lot of useable power in the bottom end. At first I thought it was the FMF slip on but have since learned that it was in fact the cam. If I had had a scooter, that A9 would have been perfect. Not the buggy. Like I said, take a look at this vid of my heavily modded helix vs my completely stock one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinSane View Post
ok i got some parts ordered, lets hope it makes a difference, i got the cdi, coil, plug, variator kit with 13 gram sliders and yellow spring and the teflon coated drum thats also slightly larger, the hammer head pipe and uni filter combo with 127,132,135 jets and a slightly larger 38 jet for the long one, my buggy has a 105 main and 35 long jet in it now. i hope to gain 10mph with all these mods along with a bunch or low and mid range. what do you all think? oh and i also am looking for some blaster shocks mine are 13-14 from eye to eye