View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 06:35 PM
Lurker

I replaced the belt today, before I did the engine swap. I didn't realize how much the old one was worn. The new belt is about 1/4" wider than the old one. It didn't make much difference, so I drove it to the garage to do the engine swap. I was hoping I could rob parts from the old engine to hook up the throttle linkage, but the parts are enough different that they aren't interchangeable. I need to come up with a way to hook the throttle cable to the new linkage. I added gas, and the tank leaked like a sieve through the seam around the tank. Harbor Freight is sending me a new tank. When enough gas leaked out that the gas level was below the seam, I put the engine back in the kart.I got everything together and went for a test drive. I had to drive it reaching back to the hand throttle on the engine, and it runs great. No lack of power now. I told my son that he will have to be careful, it's a lot faster than it was. I think I'll be really happy with it after I get the throttle cable hooked up.