View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 02:20 PM
Lurker

Default Need Caliper for Carter Revo 150

My university, Michigan Tech, bought a Revo 150 as the shell for a mini-hybrid car. Long story short, I need to find a front left brake caliper for it ASAP. Could anyone point me in the right direction? I've called so many places that have nothing due to the fire at the Carter facility last summer.

Thanks

Car without the powertrain:

Michigan Technological University received a grant from the U.S. Department of Energy to develop a mobile Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) lab. The lab will be housed and conducted from a semi-truck trailer that contains four identical learning modules. Each learning module has a small hybrid vehicle with quick change components. The intent of this lab is to educate students of all ages, from grade school to graduate studies, as well as to provide outreach to the general public about hybrid technology. I don't know much about the electronic controls portion, but here are some of the technical specifications that I know.

Powertrain:
Engine: 26hp Kohler w/ EFI, air cooled
Motor: 9hp (not sure on the brand)
Transmission: Polaris CVT
Drive System: Parallel Hybrid - Custom jack shaft, Tom Wood's Custom drive shaft
Rear Diff.: Modified Halibrand Quick-change

Chassis:
Frame: Modified Revo 150
Front Suspension: Dual A-Arm Geometric w/ Stock Preload Adjustable 18" Coil Shocks
Rear Suspension: Swing Arm w/ Progressive Suspension 425 SHK,RZR REAR 18.5" HD Coil Shocks
Front Brakes: Stock Dual Hydraulic 180mm Disc Brakes
Rear Brakes: Outlaw Hydraulic Disc Brakes (not sure on size)
Steering: Stock Rack & Pinion
Wheels: 15" Enkei J10
Tires: 195/50-15 Hankook-Ventus HRII H405

Last edited by jaemako56; 01-28-2011 at 11:14 AM.