View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 06:19 PM
Contributor

Default More Yerf Dog carnage

It's been a while since we have rode the buggy due to all the record cold weather we have been having. Today was about the first nice day we have had on over a month so my daughter & I couldn't resist taking here Yerf out for a spin in the Rio Puerco. It was a great day and we were having a blast untill the cheesy factory welds broke on the front end. Unfortunately when I noticed it we were about 4 miles down in the canyon and had a long slow ride out nursing it back to the trailer, but the old girl brought us back out of the canyon safe an sound although at times I was a bit worried we wouldn't make it.

It will be an easy fix, from the factory it was only partially welded in three short areas and it broke right where they welded it. I plan to pull it apart and weld it the entire way across so hopefully that will take care the problem.

I took my digital camera and planned to get a bunch of pics, but as usual I didn't get many. I took a little video of here coming down one of the medium sized sand hills and filmed one of here attempt at a climb. She hit the whoops at the bottom a little hot and got a bit out of shape so she got out of it and didn't make the hill. It was right after that I noticed the broken welds so we headed for the trailer.