Thread: Short Belt Life
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 12:16 AM
Lurker

It has done this since new before any add on parts were installed.
Originally it launched a low RPMs and after 1st belt broke I installed the racing clutch with 1500RPM spings, little better launch but still problems making up my driveway from a standing start. Next belt I installed the 1500 RPM Power Spring, next belt I was told to sand the fins back off of the variator fan because they thought the belt was riding up and hitting the fins and tearing the belt. Next belt I added a new stock variator. Next belt a light weight variator fan and the teflon coated variator, next belt ect . . . The whole drive is upgraded from factory, and yet my last belt lasted a little less than an hour in flat sandy terrain.

I currently have 1500RPM and 2000RPM Power Springs, 1500RPM and 2000RPM clutch springs, 8gram and 9.5gram variator rollers and a new kevlar belt on order. The axle drive greas have not been changed from factory nor have the tires or wheels. When I get the new belt I plan and installing the highest RPM parts I have, so figuring I'll have low enough gearing, should I be looking for some type of restriction blocking the air gaps on the case?
What is the hazzard of running without the case?