View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 11:17 PM
Contributor

The other issue is that the whole thing has to move for the chain tensioner. This is why I put both bearings on the one side. The coupler did not have a bearing on it at all, it was free floated between the gearbox and the engine. Kind of like a yok in the back of an automatic transmition. I do think the bearings need to be further apart, but I am unsure about putting a bearing on each side of the secondary. I know this would be best, but think I am going to try my design first. This is simular to how it was in the sled so I am hopeful it will work. I am headed to the machine shop tomorrow. I am going to have them build me a new shaft, this one has a twist in it and I can't trust it.

Also what would happen if this engine was mounted with the plugs down instead of up ontop? This would put the carb towards the seat and the exhaust out the back? I would just spin the carb around so that it is right side up. I have a feeling it would be a plug fouling pig, but am curious what others would think?

I ordered the starter for this guy today, $75.00, going to leave the pull rope on just incase of dead battery.