View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Power User

I hear you on the back --- got two discs in my lower that when they go, i've got several weeks of hell to pay -- just recuperated from a "shovel 2-tons of river rock out of the dump truck" job back in early september. maybe yerfs are therapeutic ---actually my firebird definitely is so are tilt-a-whirls --xcellent spine stretcher lol ... I've got a lot of limestone outcrops poking up in the woods here, I bottom out on them more and more as the trail cuts in from use. I want to get only a little wider with the fronts, but maybe up to 3 inches in front end height. the stock arms are already dinged pretty deep on the top of the bars from hitting the frame, the spindles are pretty trashed out too, so the sooner i have a few rainy days to work on the new arms, the better. at the back, I may make a new pair of axle plates to raise the rear another 2-3 inches and offset bend the originals to act as a support to weld them to. so far total investment is $10 for the cro-mo tubing and about $24 for the rear frame mounts (bronze bearings, 3/4 rod and a can of red crustoleum). remaining expenses are going to be shocks, tires, more bearings or heim joints and a rack & pinion of some sort) may hit one of the local yards to see what a manual rack from a tercel etc. might cost. everything else is just old "junk" i've got laying around. Have you checked the air pressure in your tires? I almost rolled mine several times the first day or two, found it was set at 25 all the way around. backed it off to 12 and 10 r/f and really cut down on the two-wheeling.