View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Contributor

ok, fully assembled and driven.

tach arrived today from china.
it actually works; not bad for 12 bucks shipped.
it's got a bit of response lag but who cares.
idling around 1450.
wound out to 3800 downhill; wont go higher even tho gov screw is all the way out.
engine feels sluggish compared to before....wonder if the jetting's not off due to the swingarm angle/carb fuel level.

atv shocks installed in rear definitely about 300% too stiff.
SC shocks up front in outside hole actually worked pretty well; could be softer but some break in will probly help.
they're very smooth though, and i'll keep them there until the atv front end goes on.

fenders worked great; was sliding the cart sideways all over the grass and their underside is covered in deercrap and slime but i'm dry as a bone in the desert.
they stayed put perfectly despite some pretty crazy bouncing around.

the wicked stiff rears have definitely brought on some serious oversteer and/or the front working so much better than before now bites well.
whatever did it i like being sideways.
it had a very very low left front tire; after airing it up 90% of the left pull went away.

i was mistaken about having conquered the clanks.
it's almost noisy as ever; the backs are so stiff i think most of the rear articulation is in the hinges, lol.
haven't bushed the steer column yet and the seat hardware could probly use some torquing.
CLANK CLANK CLANK

i found an 8 tooth sprocket from GTC; they're a massive ripoff but i'm gonna give it a shot if i can't find another vendor.
it also looks like a serious piece of crap in the picture on their site....or cave and spend money on a 7" driven.

the jackshaft very very quickly got too hot to touch; it's only a matter of time before a bearing seizes.
i really hope it gets notably perkier after they're replaced from reduced drag.
i plan to use two sets of bearings side by side if they're cheap enough.

took it up the street to where someone knocked down enough barrier to get onto power company land via a nearly vertical 7 or so foot climb.
i was stunned to find boris cruised right up it, front wheels in the air; i was positive i was going over backwards.
coming back down the same bit was drama free once i worked up the nerve to take the dive; front shocks beautifully cushioned the hit and i barely felt it.

i drove right through our herd of yard deer at low speed/quietly; they weren't scared but gave me weird looks.
when i came back through at top speed clanking like there's no tomorrow they scattered lickety split.
turns out the cart's as fast as an adult deer running in full "oh sh!t!" mode.

Last edited by speedshopmike; 11-07-2011 at 04:38 PM.