View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 11:50 PM
Heavy Contributor

I plane on upgrading my rear supension first... I plan on buying some of the Surplus Center 12 and 3/4" shocks they have, they are about 12 bucks each. I have pair coming for the front of my Spiderbox, if they are nice I'll put a set on the back of my Manco.

Also Surplus Center has these https://www.*************.com/item.asp 18" wheels in stock for 25 bucks each which is a steal! Shipped to my house they will be about $67.00 they have a 4x108mm bolt pattern... The bad thing is I will have to buy some Hubs to fit the 5/8" spindles on the go kart, and most that I've found are only 4x110mm or 4x4"... so if I get either set of hubs I would have to buy some adapters and those things are around 60-80 bucks for a set of two.

My next option would be to go to BMI and buy two sets of 7" rims with 5/8" bearings and just take the tires off the surplus center wheels... It would steel be cheaper than buying the tires by themselves but I don't know how to change tires from rims (I guess now's a good time to learn).

What do you guys think would be the best option? I really want to upgrade my front wheels to some bigger, my best friends son hit a tree the other day and busted up one of the stock 14" wheels so this gives me a chance to make an upgrade.