View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 07:05 PM
Power User

Default Need advice ... No spark??

So i got the 750 put back together and ready to fire up. Fuel pump works, starter works ---i'm happy ... juice it and i get zip. no spark, all else seems good. cranking, fuel, but no fire. the wiring diagram is below. I followed it since i didn't have a harness. basically everything that is routed to "d" and "e" on the ign switch is twisted together and attached at the starter pos. post (using jumper cables off my truck battery) "C" is kept solo to crank it, my grounds i've hooked to an exhaust stud where i clamp the battery negative. None of the gauge leads have been connected. Just the regulator, fuel solenoid at the carb, ignition and starter.

It seems like an issue in the flywheel/coils/stator somewhere.
Is the air gap between the ignition coils and the flywheel magnet super critical? I tried to set it evenly with less than a 1/16th.
The black leads off the coils i have hooked together, but floating with no contact with pos. or neg. If I'm correct, they're basically a kill switch which would shut it down if i grounded them (B to A on the ign switch).

What are the best ways to troubleshoot the components (coils, regulator, stator ) to see what's the cause? I can't be dumping money into this thing, so i don't want to just throw parts at it til it runs.
Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg diag.jpg (29.4 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by x-bird; 11-29-2011 at 07:50 PM.