View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 02:54 PM
Supporting Vendor

You will need 2 tire iron's. After getting the second bead started over the rim and holding that iron start to move next section of bead over rim with second iron. While putting your foot over bead keeping it from poping up and leaving the second iron in place, pull the first iron and move the next section of bead over the rim. You must keep a foot on the tire along with one iron to keep tire from coming up on beginning section. Several things are needed. 2 irons, soapy water mix for the bead, good selection of cusswords with an ocasional new one to throw in so be creative, lots of patience. When you get enough of the bead over the rim to where it doesn't pop up you will need to use your foot to push down as far as possible opposite of unseated bead then use iron to move remaining bead over rim. Towards the end you will have to take really small bites when moving bead over rim. Hope this will make some sence to you for I had never thought of a way to explain, just experiance has tought me how to do it. The manual changers from HF you spoke of will not help you, I have one so I know. The air changers similar to what all tire shops have are whats necessary except for atv wheels you have a smaller machine designed for atv wheels or the large ones will require adapters. I put these tires on all the time without no problems, but still struggle with removing them if they have been on for many years. Once the tire is on the rim the next challenge is seating of the bead. When you get to this point make sure you lube both tire beads then air up with the valve stem removed. Caution, do not go much over the max pressure located on side of tire for mounting, for I have had a few blow and it does hurt badly if your lucky. When you get the bead seated remove the air and let the tire deflate entirely then repeat the last step again. This will insure the bead is completely seated, thus eliminating tire wobble or total deflation when sidewall hits something. You should look at the entite beads making sure they look uniform to the rim. Once the bead is properly seated put your valve stem in and inflate to proper pressure. Hope this helped.

TOM