View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 10:07 PM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjoman View Post
The parts are: new pipe & muffler, new air filter, fuel pump, mounting plate, chain guard, fuel line. I got the engine running by sucking on the line a bit to move it closer to the fuel pump. I realized that after making one change, another change develops. Now it runs with an almost closed choke, but it was never open that much before anyway. Yes, governor was removed. I just got the fuel filter. The linkage was lose as I was just mocking things up in that pic. I think I got things figured out now but I did have to raise engine so the air filter would clear the rear slick. I used a spacer and some washers. Not the best set up, but I hear they make an engine mount plate? I will keep looking. Thanks for your response.
You can get and angled engine mount for that engine that should help with your tire clearance issue, almost every race kart utilizes one for the exact reason you have. Try ************* they should have one.

Metalstudman is spot on recommending filling the fuel lines fully before trying to start/run the engine. The pulse from the crankcase is fairly weak and will have a hard time pushing/pulling fuel in air filled fuel lines.