Thread: terrys yerfdog
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 06:37 PM
Lite Contributor

it belonged to my dads neighbor kid. it has been ridden very little and never out side of his half acher back yard. I bought it for 150 bucks. it has sat for a couple of years. I drained the bowl and put fresh gas in it and finally got it started. It was trying to run at about half throttle on its on. I finally got it to settle down a little but it will not idle. I tried to take it for a spin around the back yard and the clutch seemed to only work at full throttle. when I would take off it smelled like i was burning the belt and it was slipping really bad. Im sure I need to get inside the clutch to clean it and get the mud dobber nests out but I know nothing about them. From the looks of it it looks like a golf cart type of cluth. The motor is a 6.5 with a manual choke not a pump bubble. So far that is all that I know about it. My boy had a chinese pace Three speed manual buggy but it has starting smoking and I have welded about every part on it at least two times. The thing is he isnt that rough on it. It is just so cheeply made. Any help or ideas for this cart would be a great help. I havent told him that I got it yet I wanted to get it running first. I have axcess to a complete machine and weld shop so mods shouldnt be a problem. The only problem is I dont know how to work on the carb.
Thanks
Terry