View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Lights, voltage and Fuses

Thanks for the guidance, metalstudman1, I understand about the voltage maximums.

I just retested everything, with both a 12V test light and a voltmeter. Even though the lights, and horn, connectors light up the test light with the engine running, the voltmeter shows no voltage at all at the same connections. This confuses me, since I thought that if the test light glows, there was voltage there.

I had previously done some repair work on the damaged main ground wire and a same color smaller wire that go into and out of the rectangular black box that holds much of the electronic components of the machine. I did not notice, but was not looking for, any type of fuse holder in that box. If there is a fuse for the lighting system in this machine, that probably is the root of my problems. I hate to have to cut all the tie wraps that are holding the black box together and to the frame, but would gladly do so if I knew there was a fuse in there somewhere. The snaps that hold the lid onto the base of that box were broken, as was the weld holding the base to the frame; the previous owner had duct taped it all together.

Is it possible/probable that there is a fuse in this machine for the lights?