View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Lite Contributor

Latest efforts: I could find no wires grounding/connection the frame to swingarm to engine, etc. But, using an ohmmeter, there is continuity between any two of the items and between all three. There is also continuity between the base of the black box metal frame and the chassis frame, even though they are not welded together.

Lights: with the engine running, I get about 8.5 V at the green wire from the chassis harness light connectors. However, the green wires from the connectors are the ones that are screwed onto the round metal base of the new light bulbs. I thought it would be the opposite, that the metal base would be the ground wire.

I haven't been up to trying to remove the little light and horn switches from the dash and testing them yet. I guess I'll try to splice the white wires from the new light bulbs to the white wires in the harness connectors, then screw the green wire terminals to the bulb bases and see if they light up when I crank the engine.

Then I have to try and figure why the rear light doesn't work, nor does the brake filament in that bulb. That fixture does have a three wire connection, while the front lights have two wire connectors. I'm sure it's something simple, but there's a simpleton trying to solve it. Thanks again for all the help.