Thread: Can I do this?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 06:25 AM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonniehall72@yahoo.com View Post
What's the price on the gx240? Against buying a used buggy! Cause I am wanting to build from scratch too. But there's so much you need to build a fun yet SAFE buggy. I'm reading all franken buggy posts and pics and asking guys like metalstudman for help and ideas. You have the tools?
I am buying the tools, specifically for this project. I am at my desk everyday trying to find a way to get this proposal past my wife. As far as the price for the gx240, they can be between 4 and 5 hundred bucks. I could find a used beat up buggy for less than that easy. But I have found with my yerfy, that used and neglected gokarts make for a lot of work, and a little ride. Don't get me wrong, I will get that thing running, but I want to build one. Now I said from scratch but I will be once savvy scavenger. I wont' attempt a rear end but I will love to do the welding, gaslines, brakes etc. Thats where it will get fun. It will be like Johnny Cash' 49-50-51-52 yada yada auto mobile. You know the rearend from a yerf, the front brakes from a ninja, the rear brake from a chevette, and the hood ornament from a Yugo lol. My goal is not to save money, but to enjoy the project and have one mean machine. I probably won't go with the Honda due to its price since I found so many far cheaper. I am not made of money, but this project will take time, and the kart prolly will be when I am done.