View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 12:25 AM

The throttle lever pivot/retaining nut can be backed out about 1/8 of a turn. That will make your throttle lever open and close easily. (it's set pretty stiff from the factory)

Yes, there are 2 places that the throttle cable can connect to. I came in from the side like the TEC did with the stock cable, and made a bracket to hold it in place. I used one of the pull start cover bolts to anchor the bracket.

I spun the pull start cover to a more natural/better pulling position.

I then bought a spring from Lowes, drilled a small hole in the throttle lever and anchored the spring to another pull start cover bolt. (secondary return spring)

The metal on the throttle stop screw for the throttle lever set up is flimsy. It bends really easily. I had to add a nut and bolt behind mine to keep it from bending. (when trying to limit the speed for the kids, I found just mashing the pedal hard would bend the throttle stop and go WOT)

The metal holding the actual throttle stop screw then started to bend upwards when the pedal was mashed really hard,once again allowing the kart to go WOT. (and making me think THIS could possible hang up and hold the throttle WOT. That would be VERY bad!!!!!!) So I just bent the tab holding the screw down. That way, if the kids mash the gas, and it starts to bend the metal again, it will drive it further downward (still limiting the speed) instead of up, and allowing the throttle to go WOT.

Once/if you start to adjust this, you have a much better vision of what I'm talking about. The kart is no longer here, so I cannot post pics of it for you.

If you aren't going to limit engine/kart speed, there's no need to bother with the throttle stop screw bracketry.

I then spliced the steering wheel toggle/kill switch into the motor kill switch.

I just want to point out, that when you install the new engine make sure the 2 TAV inner pullies are perfectly aligned, and properly spaced so the belt is able to spin without engaging at idle. (neutral)

And make sure to read the owners manual as far as oil amount and break in procedures go.

Last edited by xlint89; 02-18-2012 at 12:27 AM.