View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 03:15 PM
Power User

I'm not sure if the oil safety is a normally open or normally closed switch. Probably normally closed. There should be a pair of wires leading to it somewhere low to mid height on the engine block. Start the engine, pull the wires off while it's running. If it dies, connect the wires together and restart. If it starts, hook them together and tape them up. If it stays running when you pull them, just tape the ends so they don't contact ground or each other and secure them somewhere. Also, even though it's obvious, did you check the oil level? A lot of the crate engines have enough to keep the internals lubed for storage but aren't at correct level.

One downside of the yerf's --including the top end spiderbox is poor turning radius. be careful starting in on the front end --- that leads to never ending fabrication and refabrication. Once you change one thing, another rears it's ugly head. I never intended to turn mine into what it is becoming, but I weigh 150 pounds and thrash it pretty hard. The stock setup lasted about a month or so before it was utterly worn out and bent beyond use. Just keep an eye on it for spindle wear, tie rod and steering arms bending. If you haven't, glance through 3.5 pages of my thread to see what i mean.

BTW--how'd you get the wheel off?

Last edited by x-bird; 02-25-2012 at 03:23 PM.