View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Lite Contributor

when you get older and have more experience with roll cages that have to pass IHRA and NHRA tech then you will understand, the bars the helix uses as a "roll bar" are tinker toy bars, they are very small and thin, the buggys over all light weight contributes to the inertia it generates in a roll and thus allows for less impact force, however in certain wrecks the inertia wont always be the only factor, the bars used on a coolster/challenger are much much thicker and larger and more thoroughly used through out the chassis, this advantage in strength unfortunately contributes to the weight disadvantage, fact of the matter is if i was forced to decide which buggy style i would want to be rolled over in end over in its a no brainer decision. the only advantage i see is the power to weight factor, and if i was only racing on a flat track i would definitely want that lighter weight, but my style of riding demands i have the maximum protection i can possibly get so im stuck with a heavier all be it safer chassis. again this is something you will not understand until you have more experience, i just am blessed to have more years under my belt involved in racing and the design of a safe chassis then many of you have been alive period.

Last edited by JustinSane; 10-03-2009 at 10:37 PM.