View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome-I'd love to see a successful transplant of this type -1000cc in a Spiderbox.
Couldn't agree more with you GX150 though - I'm sure all of us Spiderbox owners have dream't about a similar kind of mod. I'm on your side mountianteerinpa with the mod. but I'm realistic.
The one item not included in your list- LOT'S of life insurance
That motor is 200 lbs vs. your 60lbs 150cc- considerable difference. When adding this much hp/torque and weight it will make it really hard to back-up too!! oops! I mean pick the front or back up and move it around till you can drive forward again, but everyone figures they can just power the rear around with the engine!!!!(doesn't work when running onto an obstacle though) I doubt the stock axle even with mods will hold with the additional torque either. Front brakes would be a must too. I'm trying to run the mod's needed through my head and it's making me dizzy!!!! It would be easier to build a new heavier duty chassis/buggy than mod the Spiderbox in my opinion. Then I think about the forces that would be applied to the front suspension- stock Spiderbox with mod's just barely handle the 150's power without regular breakage.
Again I'd love to see one of these transplants that's successful and fun to drive- Go for it and keep us posted with pic's and vid's.