View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistilledMetal View Post
What pump? I haventheard any wierd noises. I called my uncle to cone check it out because hes a mechanic and he couldnt get it to start either but he thinks its the carb. He told me just to buy another since ther like 30 dollors.
The thread just says "GY6", and the GY6 motor I have is in a Kandi kart. Mine has an electric fuel pump.
I missed the part of the thread before that you said it would start if you held your hand over the air cleaner. So, there's gas getting to your carb somewhere if that is still the case, and it's not the valves. You said that you pulled the FEV off and it doesn't move. It's got a resistor somewhere that limits how much current goes to it. On mine, it's inside the "Electronics Box", and easy to see. It's a rectangular white ceramic resistor about 2 inches long. Someone mentioned that it might have been bypassed, but it doesn't sound like something you would have done. If it is bad (resistors go bad by burning out and opening up the circuit), the FEV wouldn't move, but the buggy should start and run rich instead of not starting. The FEV could be stuck in the hot position as described above, and would then need to be replaced.
At this site: http://www.scooterpartssale.com/inde...roke-125cc-150
Carbs are around 50 bucks and the valve is 14 bucks. You may want to order one of each and end up with a spare something.
Good luck.