View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 11:47 PM
Power User

i need some 36-hour days ....

Spindle components ... still need the thru-bolts, but i'm pretty sure I have those in my box of freebie hardware from my neighbor.

The lower arm clevis-style mounts were plasma cut for me, should have done like i originally planned and just bored them out with a hole saw and cut them with the recip out of the angle iron i have. they had drift in the cut and the length of the mount they missed 1.5 inches despite have a 1 to 1 scale drawing on grid paper .... so i cut up some angle iron and am welding extensions on. Have to file the slots square and be careful as the overall dimensions are changing and i have to make left and right specific pieces now or they'll end up offset on the tubes

First arm in mock-up, still need to finish grind the welds and polish the inside of the plates. they have a total of 10 thou clearance on the plate sides to center block with the pin's bushing so they've gotta be parallel and smoooooooth. The plates will get bronze bushings in the bolt holes.

Sneak preview of the body cladding. 114 flipping nuts! a few are off, just cutting them off and redoing any bad ones as i go along. I found out i shouldn't have run them so tight into the corners. live and learn lol. They'll likely get button head allen bolts blue loctited (that way i can chuck up an allen in the drill and buzz them on and off) with fiber or nylon washers behind the panels and plastic edging on the sides to eliminate and vibes/buzzing ... no wind-frozen toes this fall ....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sarm140.jpg (94.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg sarm141.jpg (83.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg sarm142.jpg (87.3 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg sarm143.jpg (88.1 KB, 38 views)