View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3beatz View Post
these are the bearings that mine came with http://www.*************/item/Wheel-B...ID-300171-5885
Out the box they have more slop then the ones I posted earlier. The problem is when I tighten down the axle bolt onto the hub it kinda squeezes it a little, and that coupled with the abuse from the trails they start to loosen up more. I think if I put a spacer in the center of the hub in between the bearings then tighten it down it would keep the lateral pressure off them making them last a lot longer.
Those are LOW speed crap!!! no wonder you changed them!!!!I agree about the spacer-the spacer thickness can only be as thick as the inner race though if it a loose sleeve. The convienience/flaw with the upgraded bearings is the snap ring, too much pressure causes them to break, thus don't tighten the wheel down too much, I've already searched my boneyard for a piece of pipe that will slide into the hub that I could make bearing stops out of- but nothing lying around that fits. I feel that's where the wheel wobble is coming from.