View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Contributor

Thumbs up helix vs spiderbox

the spider box had very hard seats and very tiny shocks compared to the helix. it was mind blowing fun when you hit the gravel and it WILL put your head back. it also looks safer and more durable. i never got a chance to really open it up (petal to the metal) because the suspension wouldn't let me on the terrain i was on. lots of hill climbing and articulation in the wet, the tires wouldn't be my choice but it surprised me by not killing me and drowning me to death. lots of wheel slip and wipe outs. also you have to SLAM on the breaks just to make it budge. most of the time i was driving on a flat surface with lots of bumps. when i came to a bump not just two or three but all 4 of the wheels came off the ground!! the helix would have done better for what i was doing with it. it was loads of fun!! also there is no reverse gear on it witch annoyed me alot!! because sometimes i had to get out and push... they both have a similar type of design like not having the wheels by your feet, like the carbide.
<== this one has seat covers.

the helix does quite well on off road i only took it on trails once and wow did it surprise me!!!! it was mud that was up to half the wheel and it went over logs and went through big grass for almost a mile. the grass was twice as tall as the helix alone...but on the big bups the suspension was a real gift and i got where i carbide couln't...... a ditch. the carbide would just smack rihgt into it and get stuck. nope the helix had the wheels up front enough and it just climbed right out easily. the spiderbox would make it through but no reverse gear so you would have to be really carefull.

-stereo
-adjusted suspension
-lights
-soon hammerhead performance exhaust
HELIX

Last edited by foxracer45; 10-07-2009 at 06:13 PM.