View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 01:16 AM
Power User

Spent a lot of the past two days hunting through the hardware bins. became a hard-war zone in the garage lol.

Managed to keep everything but the brakes and engine SAE. freebie bin i got awhile back has turned into a near gold mine. Loads of never used bowman precision (they're out of business now) fine and coarse thread aircraft bolts & nuts. nice variety of shank lengths & diameters. Not a pivot point on it now with thread touching the mounts etc. only thing i had to buy were 7/16th bolts for the front shocks and the swingarm mounts. shock bushing sleeves are a bit "off" -- everything i've tried is binding in them by about the thickness of the bolt plating.

Buttoned up the front end an hour or so ago was very pleased with the results. Getting the tie rod mount spot on took up most of the time i had for this today. tie rods run parallel with the top of the upper arm and about 1 1/8th inch out in front of it...

I was pleased for all of 30 seconds ...lets see if who can find dyslexic X's "little" issue in the 2nd pic... gonna cost me more than a couple hours to fix. ... can't believe i didn't see it at any point during the past several days ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg z11.jpg (86.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg z12.jpg (94.3 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by x-bird; 04-09-2012 at 09:58 AM.